Chapter 3: Oregon

It took a week for the new house to feel a little more like home. A little. My big, white, queen bed was covered with lacy cream pillows, and blue blankets to match the walls. We'd bought a big white dresser to go in my closet and I'd filled it to the brim with my clothes. Boxes still littered the carpeted wood floors throughout the house. 

I took Breeze on two walks each day, not because I was responsible, but because I wanted to show my parents that I was trying to get to know my way around. For them. I wasn't convinced we moved just for a change in scenery, but my parents seemed to be enjoying the new adventure. I couldn't help but feel guilty for holding them back. Because of my strange illness, they rarely travelled, and they deserved to. I called my friends every day, and they all said they missed me, but I knew they were probably doing the same thing as usual, just without me.

I climbed into my pale blue slug bug and sank into the leather seats. It seemed pointless to have a convertible car in Oregon, what with the constantly frigid weather. In the summer, it was dreadfully hot, humid, and smothering, unlike California's clear and crisp heat. I put the roof down anyway just because it reminded me of home. I jammed the key in and blasted the radio as loud as I could bear, drowning out the rest of the world. I drove down to the beach and was devastated by the fact that it was even colder there than it was anywhere else in Oregon. I groaned. Why do I even own a swimsuit?

I stomped to the bathroom and stripped off my bikini, throwing it on a bench with disgust. I pulled on some lace encrusted jean shorts, and a teal tank top instead, pulling my hair out of my tight pony tail and kicking off my flip flops, replacing them with white converse. I trudged out of the bathroom and then made my way to the sandy shore. My bond with the ocean became insistent, pulling me towards the waves violently, irresistibly. I tried to stop before touching the water in my non-swimsuit clothing, but I couldn't.

Stop! Don't go in the water in your clothes! It's freezing! I thought frantically. Stop!

But I didn't...
                             ~*~*~*~

A/N
Probably the shortest chapter I've ever written for anything... Can't help being terrible. :) I promise that it's worth it!
Vote * Comment * And Keep Reading!
(400 words)