Chapter 17-" Hospital Beds and Knuckle Kisses"

When Harry came to his mouth was dry and his eyes were crusted over. He was still in his basketball uniform which confused him, because he never goes to sleep in his uniform. And then Harry is more confused because he doesn't remember going to sleep at all. Now that he thinks about it this doesn't look like his room, there is no Lizzie McGuire poster hanging above his bed and the blanket on top of him isn't the regular silk blue one-this ones a boring cream color and not comfortable at all.

He fluttered his eyes open a bit only to be blinded by a bright light above his head. He groaned a bit, trying to piece together what was happening. As soon as he got up on his forearms and pulled himself further up on the bed, a sharp pain shot through his ankle and up his thigh. He gasped in pain just as the sound of a door opening echoes throughout the room. Feet patterned against the floor and before he knew it, he was being tackled onto the bed.

"Hazzy!" Dark locks of hair swarmed his vision while hands pried the body off of him. Ariel whines as Robin picks her up off te ground and sets her in his hip. Collin is standing next to him mom who is holding Eve and staring at her son with concern. Harry blinks in confusion. He takes a look around the room and looks to see that of a hospital room.

"What happened?" He manages to sit up against the pillow on his bed and roll his neck around a bit. It's a little stiff. Robin sets Ariel back down and she immediately rushes back to Harry's side, gripping his leg and climbing on to the bed with him.

"You were at your basketball game sweetie and you had the wind knocked out of you." Explains Anne as she tries to get Eve's hand out of her hair. "One of the boys on the other team landed on top of you and ya passed out."

Harry rubbed the top of his head. "Well why does my leg hurt so bad then?" Robin opened his mouth to answer just as the door swung forward and the doctor came walking in. He smiled at the family, scribbling something on a clipboard nodding to his nurse. "Mr. Styles, how are you feeling?"

"In pain." Anne had the urge to smack Harry on the back of his head, but she refrained herself. Ariel grabbed one of Harry's hands and started to play with his fingers while his other one subconsciously played with Collin's hair-and wait! When did he even get up on the bed with them.

"Well that's probably normal." The doctor chuckles. He claps his hand and reads off the clipboard. "Well it's nothing too severe, just some minor injuries. You passed out because the wind got knocked out of you and you didn't get up in time to catch it. That really shouldn't be a problem but you maybe feel a little dizzy when you stand up." Harry sighs in relief-he can still play the tournament.

"The main problem here is your ankle. When you fell, it twisted the wrong way and sprained a bit. We patched it up in some gauze and propped it up on a pillow for you."

"He'll still be able to play in the tournament this weekend, right?" Anne pipes from her spot beside the bed. Harry gently pushed Collin's head away as he leaned back onto Harry-asleep. This kid is something else. The doctor gave her a hesitant look and Harry became alert right away.

"Well...that's the problem here Ms. Styles. We need Harry to rest his ankle do that it can heal properly. We don't want to have him being to active on it and then it becomes a more severe injury-when we can simply avoid that."

"But Nationals is this week! I can't miss out on that! I don't even know if we're going!" Harry exclaims with wide eyes. Collin jumps awake at the loud sound and grunts, falling back down on the bed. Anne pats Harry's head soothingly. "Baby it's okay. There's always next year-"