Chapter 2- "Short Boys Can Dunk Too!"

Hi loveliesxx! I'm really enjoying this story so far so o decided to update it. Hope you enjoy!! Please vote and comment, I love to hear your guys feedback.

Today just wasn't Harry's day. First, he woke up late, causing him to not have enough time to take his hair. Then he gets a pop quiz in English, and fails his test in math. He also forgot to bring his basketball shorts with him, so now he is forced to wear Liam's extra pair. Since Harry's is half the size of the lad-the whole team really- the shorts go all the way to his shins. He looks like a 90s  rapper that didn't sell any albums. And then he forgot about the new coach.

The new guy was already fifteen minutes late to practice. Harry can predict the future, this guy really does have no idea what he's doing. The boys decided to shoot around a bit while waiting, Harry and Liam started a three point contest.

"That's six points Harry!" Liam yelled while going to get his rebound. Harry rolled his eyes and focused on the hoop. He rolled the ball on his fingertips a few times then let it go.

Swish.

Harry smirked and held up the three symbol on his hand.

"Nine points Lima bean, I win," he tainted sticking his tongue out. Liam scoffed, and flicked him off. Suddenly and idea sparked in Liam's head, and he smiled mischievously. Harry cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What?"

"Let's have a dink contest," Harry shook his head with a scowl,

"No way! You know I'm to short to reach"! Liam took the ball from Harry's small hand and spun it on his pointer finger.

"Oh c'mon Haz, if you're as good as you say you are then agree to challenge me," Liam dribbles the ball between his legs and brings it around. Show off, Harry scoffs in his head. He never backs down from a challenge though.

That's how he ends up at the baseline watching Liam dribble to the hoop, and jump on both feet to reach the rim. He palms the ball in one massive hand, and slams it into the net-not forgetting to hang on the rim like a monkey for a few extra seconds. Harry gulps, visibly shaking a little. He blows a breath from his mouth and stunned back with the force of pass thrown to him.

Harry dribbles to half court, purposely taking his time just to stall. Harry can't dunk. He's way to short to even come close to reaching that high, he usually just makes the assist for his other teammates. Sure he's tried dozens of times, but he's always failed. He turns to face his teammates smirking faces, taunting him. He look at the rim, and he already know the height is to much. No he goes anyway, just to prove that he's not a pussy. He starts dribbling full force and when he hits about the middle of the free throw line he jump as high as can and...

He lands in someone's arms. His face is planted a giant their chest, but he can hear the ball bouncing off somewhere not even close to the basket. Harry's cheeks burn in abashment. He feels himself being picked up by a larger teammate and thrown over their shoulder.

 He feels himself being picked up by a larger teammate and thrown over their shoulder

Harry groan out loud whining,

"C'mon guys, seriously! This isn't funny anymore!" His team hair laughs as he is swung around and teased for being a midget.

"Don't worry Harry, you get a growth spurt soon enough," Liam ruffles his head of curls. It's all fun and games till they hear a door open and close, and frantic voice yelling,

"Sorry I'm late, traffic was despicable." They all turn to see a short feather-haired lad rushing in with a clipboard in one hand and water bottle in the other. His hair is frizzy slightly and he stops once seeing the scene in front of him.

"Um?" Nick drops Harry from his shoulder, and the younger lad glares at him and crosses his arms. Liam smiles warmly and puts his hand out for the guy to shake.

"Hi I'm Liam you must be the new coach?" The new coach nods enthusiastically taking Liam's hand in his smaller one.

"Yes! I'm Louis Tomlinson, it's glad to meet you all," ha claps his hands together, "instead of running drills, how bout we get to know each other first." The whole team nods in agreement already liking the guy.

"Alright good. Now who's the captain of this ship?" Liam pushed Harry forward with a little shove. The smaller guy almost trips, but he catches himself not forgetting to glare his friend. Louis looks down at him wide eyes and a genuine smile still plastered on his face.

"I'm Harry," he just now recognizes the beauty that Louis withholds. His cheeks are chiseled nicely, and his stubble layer lightly over his jaw and chin.

"Okay, let's go around and learn everyone's names

"Okay, let's go around and learn everyone's names." It takes about twenty minutes with jokes and the classic "Hi my name is blah, and I'm from yada yada."

"Now that that's out of the way, how about a nice game of Knockout," the whole team cheers and Louis smiles, "hey now, this is one time thing, I'm usually not this nice. But some of you change my mind." Either Harry was hallucinating, but he looked at him when he said it.

And maybe when Harry got home that night he showered, and went to bed thinking of the blue eyed man.

~O~

Thank you guys so so much for reading this! I love the comments you left it made me feel really good.

Please vote and comment it would mean so much!

XxTymycexx