Prologue

His heart was pumping a million beats a minute. Sweat dripped down from his
forehead, to his chin. His lungs felt as they were going to collapse, his breath was almost gone. He rubbed his jersey over my face a few times, which made it itch a little bit. His eyes narrowed as the ball went in the net with a swish.

His heart dropped to his stomach, now they were tied

His heart dropped to his stomach, now they were tied. Fuck game was in the bag, the team started off killing the other team. They're defense was amazing, offense was fantastic, and the teamwork was phenomenal.

How could Harry let this happen?

He had to fix it, he couldn't let his team down. He never lets his team down. As soon as the ball touched his teammates hand, he rushed pass all the defense. They didn't see him do to his short height and lighting fast speed. Harry out his hand up, and called for the ball. His teammate didn't see him yet. The clock had 5 seconds left. C'mon, Harry thought. He jumped once more, and his teammate finally saw him. He baseball passed the ball to Harry, who caught it with one hand and dribbled as fast as possible. The hoop was right there, two seconds left. A defender comes up behind and tries to block, but Harry head fakes and he flies right passed. He shoots just as the buzzer beats.

He makes it.

The crowd goes crazy, and the next thing he knows, he's being tackled by his team. Harry smiles so wide his dimples are showing. He did it. The adrenaline he feeling only moments ago, now calmed down. He was happy, they won the first game of the season. All because of Harry.

All he can hear is screams and clapping, and stomping.

"We're going for pizza to celebrate?" His teammate tells him. He's one of the bench warmers. Just sitting on the bench with a towel on his shoulder and water bottle in his hand. Harry nods, and goes to tell his parents.

Harry's mum is standing by the bleachers, and hand over her eyes waiting for her son. She smiles when she sees the head of curls coming towards her. Her hair is in a messy bun, a sign that she rushed to get here from work. She wraps her frail arms around her small son, kissing and praising him for the game.

"Mum," Harry whines wiping the kisses on his shoulder shuddering. Harry is sixteen, he doesn't need kissies from his mummy. He flicks his curls up at her, face flushed and hot.

"Well I'm sorry for loving my son. I'm so proud of you baby, that last point was amazing," Anne gushes, hands clasped together. Harry roll his eyes at his mum's dramatic syndrome.

"The team is going for pizza, can I go?" He ask hopefully with big eyes. Anne pulls a twenty from her purse, and smooths it out a bit,

"Make sure you're back before ten thirty baby." She smooches Harry on his cheek, leaving some slobber behind.  He shudders in disgust, once again wiping it off on his jersey clad shoulder.

~O~

Harry licks the extra pizza sauce that had dripped on his chin. His fingers are greasy, and his breath reeks of six root beers, and seven slices of pepperoni pizza. His team all sits at a table for eighteen, laughing at jokes made for immature high school boys. His friend Liam leans over from the spot next to him and whispers,

"Hey, check out those girls checking us out mate," he points to a group of blondes and brunettes giggling and eyeing the entire team up and down. Most of the attention is on Harry since he's the captain, but he pays no mind to it. It looks like they may go to their school, judging by the red and blue school shirts.

"Ah I see you Liam! Gonna get some tonight?" Liam's cheeks turn a light shade of pink, and he looks down at his empty plate. Harry furrows his eyebrows at his friends odd behavior.

"Well, I kind of have my eyes set on someone at the moment," Liam wrongs his fingers together, "she's really special to me. Well eve only been talking for about a month though." Harry smiles at his friend,

"Li, that's great! You're finally settling down," the pair is interrupted by the clinging of a glass. Their coach, coach Thomas, is standing in front of the town of tables they've set up with a nervous smile on his face.

"Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you all. I know it's only the first game of the season, but my mother is sick. She is suffering from stage 2 cancer and starts her chemo within the next few weeks. Since she lives all the way in Mississippi, I can no longer be your coach for the season." The whole team gasped in astonishment. Coach Thomas was the best coach ever, how could he leave? During the first weeks of the season? Harry could understand though, if that was his mum he would definitely drop anything and everything to help her.

"Now, don't fret, I have found a replacement coach for the rest of  the season. He's a great friend of mine, we actually played together in high school and college. His name is Louis Tomlinson." Coach Thomas hums.

Louis Tomlinson? Harry tasted the name on his tongue a couple of times. He sounds like he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

If only Harry knew what was going to happen with coach Tomlinson.

~O~

Hi everyone! This is a new story given to me by DeslovesHazza so make sure to check on her stories they're amazing.

This chapter is also dedicated to Desloveshazza because I love this idea so so much. It's perfect since I played basketball for my school.

QOTC: Did you guys play any sports? If so what sports have you played?

I've decided to make the characters in this story American since I don't really think basketball is a popular sport in Europe. Also, since Harry is the point guard on the team I've made him shorter than usual, but not by much. Maybe 5'6 or 5'7.

Anyway I hope you guys enjoy it!
Please comment and vote, it would mean a lot!!

xxTymycexx