Chapter 7-"You Selfish Bitch"

Enjoy

One I Harry knew about his aunt Katherine was that she was a selfish, conceited addict who could care less about anyone other than herself. So the news about her hospitalization didn't effect him that much. If anything, he would be fine staying at home while his mom went to the hospital. But his mom made him go even though she didn't care much for her sister either.

Harry hates hospitals. They give him the chills, knowing so many people have died in the very building he was standing in. It smelled of hand sanitize and death. The rooms were to small, the beds were uncomfortable, and all around he never enjoyed a stay in the horrible place.

Anne walked up to the front desk with a lazy step, wanting to leave already. She took time off work to be here, and that meant less money for her and Harry. The lady who was slowly smacking a piece of gum around her mouth, shifted her eyes off her phone and to Anne for a second.

"How may I help you?" Her voice was amid between squeaky and nasally. Harry felt bad for her, having to live with that for the rest of her life. Anne smiled sweetly,

"Um, we're here to visit Katherine Styles." The lady turned her chair to face the computer, putting down her phone in the process. She typed something on the computer, before rolling her head back around to face the pair.

"Are you guys family?"

"Yes, I'm her sister and this is her nephew."

"Okay, here are your visited passes, and Katherine is in room 327, I recommend taking the elevator on that side," she handed Anne and Harry yellow stickers that said visitor on them and motioned to the elevator behind them. Anne smiled, quietly thanking her before going that direction.

Once the pair reached the floor, they proceeded to search for the right room number. Anne opens the door, and they walk in. A pale, frail women sits up in the bed, her blonde hair thin and dry, half-assed in a ponytail. Aunt Katherine. She seems to be scolding a kid, who looks guilty of something. Hearing the door open the women turns to face the visitors, and smiles a yellow smile. It's very cringe worthy, and instead of smiling back like Anne, Harry stays stone faced.

"Anne, I didn't think you would actually come. I've missed you so much," Katherine beckons her sister over for a hug. Anne complies, wrapping her arms tightly around her sister. Katherine looks over Anne's shoulder to see her nephew.

"Harry! Is that you! Oh my god, you've grown up so much come here," when Harry doesn't move, Anne gives him pointed look, so he does anyway. Behind her back, he makes a disgusted face at the smell of cigarettes. Katherine pinches Harry's cheeks, mumbling about what a man he's become. Harry gives his mom a pleading look, so she clears her throat.

"Well now that you're here, can you tell us what the hell happened?" Anne questions throwing her hands up. Katherine chuckled, looking over at the boy sitting on the couch next to a sleeping girl. Harry wonders if that's his cousin, Collin. Harry only saw him once when he was four or five and Collin was a baby. He doesn't recognize the girl though, it must be his sister or something.

"Collin, hand me my purse," Collin rushed off the couch to hand his mom her purse. Katherine digs through it, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. She also pulls out a couple dollars. "Here, go buy you and your sister some snacks from the vending machine," she hands him the money. After he leaves she lights the cigarette and puts it to her mouth.

"The reason I'm here is because I got pregnant again," Katherine rolls her eyes as if she's annoyed. Harry resists to copy the action, she should've used condom. However, Anne smiled and claps excitedly.

"That's great!"

"Yeah yeah, she was an early baby. Wasn't do for another three months, the doctors took her to the infirmary on breathing tubes." Katherine explained as if it was no big deal. Oh my kid was just born three months early, and she was basically put in life support, but I'm just gonna sit here and smoke a cig like nothing happened. Anne gasped happily, squealing and squeezing her sisters hand tightly.