Him

Quick side note.
THE PHOENIX ALLIANCE IS BACK IN BUSINESS! So yeah, be expecting more updates after this one.

Also, this is a MCD one shot.

(Y/N)'s POV:
After a couple of hours of training, I decided to do a cool down walk around Scaleswind. I found myself gazing at the flower shop, remembering the time when he bought me flowers.

"(Y/N)?" I heard Zane's rough voice calling me. "Yes sir?" I replied. "Drop it with the 'sir'. You are more to me than just a servant now. Being a ruler is great and all, but it gets quite lonely too," he said with a frown, "But I know how to change that." With a quick snap of his fingers, a servant arrived carrying (F/F or Favorite Flower) on a velvet pillow. I watched with hopeful eyes as he gently picked up the flowers and began, "(Y/N), in my darkest times, you have reassured me that everything would be alright. You continue to support my dream, my goal even though the world is against the idea. So, I plead you, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Silence stretched out between us and the amount of tension in the air was unsettling. "Yes Zane" I said with a smile, gladly accepting the flowers. He pulled me in for a kiss and it was the most wonderful sensation I've ever felt.

But that day has come and gone. I sigh and continue on with my stroll. Everywhere I look reminds me of him. Heck, even this town reminds me of him. Besides, he's the only reason I'm here.

"Good luck out there!" I said to Zane as I helped him prepare his gear. "Trust me, I won't need any. As Irene's Head Priest, she's sure to let me have her relic! Nothing will stop me from getting those amulets now that we have Garroth on our side," he says chuckling maniacally. His face suddenly drops to a serious look and he pulls me out in front of him so I am staring right into his diamond blue eyes. "(Y/N), if I'm not back in three days, leave here and say you had no relationship with me at all. There are people out to get me and I don't want them to hurt you. Change into the typical servant clothes and run to the nearest town. Claim you were captured and forced to be my slave and they'll let you in," he explained. "But I won't have to worry about that, right?" I ask nervously. "Probably not, but just in case. I refuse to let you get hurt," he replies softly bringing me close to him. I can't control it and start to cry softly into his shirt. I feel him gently stroke my hair and mumble comforting words. Soon enough, my tears dried and I cherished that moment with Zane.

Little did I know that would be my last time with Zane. I waited an extra week for him. Nothing. I had forced myself to follow his command, just like before I developed feelings for him. Sure enough, the lord of Scaleswind, Nicole, had accepted me into this community as a guard.

It's been about a year since he left. I can't bear to speak his name anymore, let alone hear it. Even so, everything I see, everything I hear, everything I do, reminds me of him.

Hope you people liked that One Shot! I know, it's a sad one, but unfortunately, life isn't always happy. It feels good to get back into the writing groove! See ya later my fellow nerds!

Weef out.