Chapter 18

Hey there. Just a note before you read. This author's note is kinda wordy and it's not INCREDIBLY important so if you want to skip this note, go ahead. HOWEVER, if you are still reading this and deciding "meh, might as well read this," then thank you because that means I'm not talking to myself or wasting five minutes of my semi precious (jk) time to type this out.
Anywho, just to let you all know, this chapter is over
1 1 , 0 0 0  w o r d s  l o n g
Normally mine are only 2,000-4,000 words. Why is this one so long I hear you asking? Because there was so much that needed to happen in a short span of the story's timeline and there was really no good place to split it up at. Plus you have to add details to these events, of course. So it sort of stretched this chapter out lol. So if you're wondering why this chapter doesn't end, that's why haha. You're welcome.
Alright. Item #2. I am well aware that there are some things in this story that don't make perfect sense in our reality. For the sake of the story, we're ignoring these inconsistency with our real world. So please don't comment saying "that would never happen in real life" or "that's not how it works" etc. I don't care. I'm just trying to write a story for your entertainment. So please enjoy rather than nitpick. I work hard on my chapters and it seems silly to worry about the small things in a nonfiction story. (: I don't get these comments often, but I just thought I should say this before I get any more.
Finally, item #3. Sorry this is getting long and if you're still with me, thank you, I love you, and I promise I'm almost done. Happy belated birthday to xxcool-kidx . I sincerely apologize for not uploading this on your birthday. It all took a little longer than I anticipated to get done, but I hope this chapter makes up for it. Especially the end 😉
Alright. Enough chit-chat. To the story!

I ate every last bite of all 4- or was it 5?- pancakes that came my way. They tasted like Heaven on my taste buds, but after it was all said and done and Niall and I sat across from each other with full stomachs, I couldn't escape the feeling in my gut. It felt huge and heavy. I knew I was wrong and I knew that I was only hurting myself for thinking how I was, but after the previous night with the relapse, I knew it was too late. The feeling I had after I was done with the episode was somehow relieving. Maybe it was because Niall was there and I felt like he cared. Maybe it was because I felt like I got the voices in my head to shut up.

Too bad they came back.

Niall and I managed to make light conversation the whole time we both shoved buttery and syrupy pancakes into our mouths. I felt bad because I could tell that I was kind of zoning in and out on Niall and it was obvious he picked up on it; he just chose not to say anything about it. I couldn't help it, though. Every bite I took felt wrong. My body was taking control over my brain, and, for some reason, I was letting it. I was telling myself that it was okay and I would just handle it later- but I also knew I sounded out of my mind. It was a giant repeat of my high school years, only worse. My mind constantly fought with itself when it should have been pretty obvious which side was correct, but I didn't have the motivation to correct myself.

The check came a little while later, and Niall, of course, grabbed it before I ever had the chance to try and reach for it. I was pretty sure the waitress put the check closer to him on purpose being as she gave him a knowing smile before walking away. I let it go, however, as I remembered my endless struggles with trying to pay for the bill while on the tour. He may not have looked like it at first glance, but Niall was a man of chivalry- towards me anyways. He would never admit it, though.

Only minutes after the check was dropped off, we were on our way back out to Harry's car. I tried to take the keys from Niall being as he wasn't actually legally supposed to be driving in The States, but he simply laughed at me and refused to hand the keys over. I tried a few times to just grab them, but he would just lightly press against me or hold the keys over his head. Sure, models were supposed to be tall, but I didn't exactly meet that standard. I could walk in 6 inch heels no problem, though, to compensate. I, however, did not have 6 inch heels handy at the time. As a result, I never managed to steal the keys back from Niall the whole walk back to the car so he continued to drive us all around Los Angeles.