Chapter 4

(Alyssa's dress^)

*Niall's POV*

I stood back from far away, while feeling a slight buzz run its course through my body, and watched her. I watched the way the girl in the little black dress, which hugged her curves in all the right places, threw her head back and downed the small glass full of dark liquid in one try. I knew who she looked like, but at the same time, I also knew it wasn't her. It was just my buzz throwing me off. That didn't stop my curiosity from igniting, though. I wanted her. She looked like the perfect high I longed for- the perfect drug to fulfill my addiction. The way she walked, the way she downed her shot like it was water, the way her curves fit her figure just right- everything- made her so desirable.

My eyes narrowed at her as she walked off into the dancing crowd, her hips swayed as every head turned that she walked past. She didn't seem to notice the wandering eyes, but I did. My darkening blue eyes were among them, but I knew I would win. I always did. She was a sight to see, no doubt about that, and she definitely had my attention.

Trying to not stay too close, I followed after her into the crowd, but lost her almost immediately. She was gone, and I was feeling a tad claustrophobic with as tight as the people were packed into one area. I wasn't drunk enough yet for my claustrophobia to go away. I started walking towards the outside of the crowd when a girl stopped me by thrusting her rear end in my direction. This girl was definitely a sight to see, too, but I needed another drink so I slightly pushed her off of me. If I had more alcohol in my system, I would have definitely had at her.
My movements to push myself away from the random girl were, however, put on pause as my attention left the girl and my drink. In the matter of two seconds, everyone's attention snapped towards the middle of the dance floor while a couple of guys shouted "Ooohhh." What did I miss? I looked towards the middle of the dance floor and once again spotted the girl, only she had her back to the crowd and was walking in a different direction, leaving a guy in the middle of the dance floor stunned while he rubbed his cheek. I pushed the girl that was still trying to press against me to the side and pushed myself toward the middle. I found her again, and as I licked my lips lustfully at the sight of her backside, I once again made my move to follow after her.

I made it to the middle of the floor where there was a small circle where she once stood, but now she was gone and the only person I saw was Corbin, who happened to be the one in the middle of the dance floor rubbing his cheek. I tutted and turned around to shove myself back through the crowd again. Poor bastard just wasn't wanted by anyone. Good.

I got back to the bar and ordered myself a shot of tequila, hoping it would get me going for now, and then headed back outside to find my friends again. I had a feeling in the back of my mind that I would see the girl again, and when I did, I was going to move in on her and try to call her mine for the night. I was rarely ever turned down by girls, so I didn't let it get to me and decided to just have fun with the lads for the time being. I had only left for a wee and had been gone for almost ten minutes. They had to be wondering where I had gotten to or what was taking me so damn long.

I had barely gotten within ten feet of the the table they were all sitting at when Eleanor was quickly rushing in my direction and then grabbed me by the arm. "Niall's helping me get the drinks!" Eleanor shouted while tugging me along back the way I came. I sighed and rolled my eyes, but let her drag me anyways. I guess I had to be good for something. It was just lucky timing on my part.
"Why do I have to help you? Why couldn't you make Louis do it?" I whined loudly once we had gotten inside and were once more surrounded by people.

"He's too much of a queen to help," she laughed. I guess she had a point. "Besides, I like you better,"
My eyes grew to the size of golf balls as we climbed up to the bar. "Than your own boyfriend? I mean I know I'm sexy and all but-"
"Not like that, Mr.Kanye," she joked with an eye roll which caused me to laugh. "You could be like my annoying brother who likes to bang all of my friends."
I laughed as I looked down at her. "It's funny because it's true. Why do you like me again?" By this point, the small buzz I got from the tequila and the laughter had me already forgetting about the girl in the little black dress.
"I more tolerate you, Horan," Eleanor joked as she walked behind the bar to grab the drinks. I guess she was allowed to do that since it was her party and since she bought all the alcohol with Louis. She set seven bottles of beer and a large bottle of Fireball on the bar for me to help grab. Damn, I thought, looks like the night's about to get better.