Chapter 16

*Niall's POV*

I groaned when Alyssa kept digging her ass into my groin. In turn, my fingers found the soft, bare skin under her shirt and my fingertips dug into her waist. She giggled at the contact and it took all I had in me to not haul her up to a guest bedroom and fuck her brains out.
Even though she was turning me on like never before, I couldn't help but wonder where she got the moves from. I had never really danced like that with Alyssa before and I knew that I was (somehow) the first man to ever touch her and hold her. But she had to have learned the dancing skills from somewhere- someone. I shook my head not wanting to think of Alyssa turning another man on how she was turning me on.

Another soft drunken giggle brought me out of the trance. When my eyes focused, Alyssa was turning around in my arms and wrapping her arms around my neck. "Hey," she whispered just loud enough that I could hear it from three inches away over the loud environment. That was really the first time we had said anything to each other the whole night. My hands slid down her sides until they landed on her perky bum. The material of her leggings felt so soft under my palms and her ass had definitely grown since the last time I got to hold her like that. I bit down on my lip to stop noise from escaping my mouth. "What do you say we reenact your last visit out here?" She bit her lip and raised an eyebrow.

"Reenact?" I asked slightly confused and out of breath.

"Yeah. You know." She blinked her eyes innocently at me which only made me want her more. I bit my lip again to suppress noise. "Where we have talk, drink, and then get to the good stuff." Her fingers ran through my hair and her nails felt like a massage against my scalp. Her every touch was intoxicating and addicting. It left me wanting more. Nothing at all new there, but it was something I hadn't gotten from any of the girls in London.

I smiled slightly and leaned in to kiss her and give her my answer, but just as our noses brushed, something stopped me: her breath- not that it smelled bad, but the strong scent of alcohol on it. In an instant, my smile fell and I removed my hands from her bum. "I can't," I sighed taking her hands from around my neck and holding them in my own. She looked confused, but didn't say anything. I shook my head at her. "It wouldn't be right."

"What?" Her face held all of the confusion and disappointment I was worried it would. "Why not? What wouldn't be right?"

I sighed and brought her hands up to my mouth. I placed butterfly-like kisses to her knuckles. "Because," I kissed the knuckles on her other hand, "you've had a bit much to drink tonight, Love," I confessed.

Alyssa looked at me completely not understanding what I was meaning. "Bu-but last time..." she lost her balance in her heels but I was quick to catch her and bring her in close to my body. "Last time we did it and, and we were both-"

"Shh," I hushed her while laying her head against my chest. "I know, I know. And while I don't necessarily regret it, I think we need to talk about things before we jump back into bed together. Again."

She gave a deep and frustrated sigh. "I thought you wanted me," she pouted like a child into my chest.

I tipped my head back and groaned. I hated telling her no. It was driving me nuts and making my heart hurt, but I know that we would probably be better off if we talked then fucked. "I do, Alyssa," I told her. "God, I want you like hell. You don't understand. We just need to get things sorted first, that's all."

She said nothing in return and just continued to let me hold her against my chest. The song that the DJ was playing was far from slow. We were definitely the only ones on the dance floor not grinding anymore, but I kind of liked getting to actually hold her. I hadn't had that satisfaction since the tour. I mean, sure, I guess technically I held her the night of our drunk reunion sex, but I didn't remember it and that was all out of lust, not love.