Chapter 5

*Alyssa's POV*

The next morning when I woke up, my head was killing me and I refused to open my eyes. The room seemed far too bright and the light I took in from my eyes being closed was more than enough for me. I ducked my head underneath the very thick and heavy duvet. It was so warm and dark and I wasn't sure why, but I liked it. That was when I noticed my pillow was breathing and someone had an arm wrapped around my side and a hand was resting on my bare back.

Wait a second...

My head immediately snapped up and I could see Niall laying there, his free arm tucked under his head as he slept peacefully. I looked around the floor on either side of the bed and saw all I needed to see: my dress from last night, all of my undergarments, all of Niall's clothes from last night along with his boxers, an empty wine bottle, and a used condom. It was all scattered everywhere.

Oh my fuck. What did I do?!

My heart was beating out of my chest at the sight around me. Going out and getting shit-faced at parties wasn't anything new to me. Waking up naked in bed with someone definitely was. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing that it was Niall, either. On one hand, if I was going to have a one night stand, might as well make it with someone I know isn't a creep. On the other hand, it was Niall- also known as the guy I have been trying to avoid for the last three months. But then I wake up in bed with him with no recollection of having the drunk sex that obviously happened.

As carefully as I could, I sat up and slowly let Niall's hand fall from my back and onto the bed. I had to get out of there without him noticing. I was quiet as I flew my naked body off of the bed and threw on my clothes from the night before. Cole was going to flip.
I couldn't even bother to worry about my headache because I was too busy worrying about Niall waking up and having to face him. I grabbed my heels in one hand and then slowly unlocked the door with the other. As I turned the knob, it made a clicking noise that seemed to echo off of the walls. I mentally cursed and looked behind me to see if it woke Niall up. Sue enough, it was just enough noise to startle him awake.

Fuck! Of course that would wake him up!

Niall quickly looked around him and his eyes stopped moving when he caught sight of me at the door. "Alyssa?" His tired and deep morning voice almost had me climbing back into bed with him. Almost. I was still beyond pissed at him. "What are you-" he cut himself off when he looked around the room and observed everything I had seen earlier. "Fuck!" He yelled, slamming his hand against the bed. "Are you serious?" He grumbled while jumping out of the bed to collect his clothing.

I awkwardly looked away from his naked body and grabbed my phone which I saw laying on the floor. It must have fallen out of my bra. I looked through my notifications while Niall got dressed and disposed of the used condom. I had four missed calls from El the night before and eleven missed calls from Cole. I had no doubt in my mind he was going to kill me. It was already almost 11:00 and he hadn't heard from me since I left for lunch the day before with El.

"Let's get out of here before people notice," Niall sighed while walking towards the door. I nodded and quietly exited the room with Niall right behind me. It was quite obvious that neither one of us wanted to be in that situation- my reason was mostly because it was with Niall. As we walked down the stairs, I looked around to see if I could see anybody, but all I found was a trashed home.
"It's clear," I whispered to Niall and the both of us ran down the steps in a hurry, not a single person in sight.

We were about half way through the front room when a voice made both of us stop dead in our tracks. "What did I tell you, Eleanor? What'd I tell ya?" Shit.