Chapter 8

*Alyssa's POV*

I lined my lips with a fresh coat of my favorite red lipstick and then smacked them a few times. I had pinned my hair back, then tied it on top of my head, then let it fall free. I did this pattern a few times, then expertly lined my eyes again with black lines.

I had been in the bathroom for well over five minutes just fixing my makeup or my hair or checking social media; basically just doing what it took to not have to leave my temporary shelter. The whole time I was hiding in there, I kept thinking about what Niall had said. Did he not hear me earlier that day when I told him we should probably not see each other again? Or was he just being stubborn and trying to make my life hell? He was basically doing what he did the first time I met him.
I thought back to the beginning of the modeling tour when we were (coincidentally) in LA. I thought back to how he would just follow me around like a damn lost puppy even though I told him to leave me alone countless times. At the time, it was because he was instructed to watch over me. This time, I could only think it was because he wanted to start talking to me again. There was no way he was being forced to twice.

After a few more minutes, I shoved my makeup and bobby pins back into my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I knew I had to go back out there sometime and since I gave myself some time to recollect and figure out what my next step for dealing with Niall was, I felt ready. Sorta.

I pushed through the door and nervously looked around, suddenly not feeling comfortable with the emptier restaurant. I was only in there for maybe ten minutes! I think. I didn't really pay it too much attention and just headed back to our table... only to see the booths empty.

The only person there was our waiter who was currently clearing off the table and collecting his tip. "Excuse me." I spoke up as I approached. The Mexican fellow turned around and smiled.

"Yes?"

"Where did the people sitting here go?" I didn't actually expect him to know, but I asked anyways.

"Oh," he turned around and pointed at the door, "they left a few minutes ago. I think they're waiting outside the door for you."

I took a step back and nodded my head. "Thank you." He nodded his head back and returned his attention back to the messy table. Then I realized something.  "Sorry, but where's my receipt?" The man once again turned to look at me, this time confused. "I never paid for my meal."

"Oh." He chirped up and gave a small smile. "Your boyfriend got it."

"Boyfriend?"

"The blond guy. He paid for it." With that, I once again lost the young man's attention as he gave me his back to stare at.

Great. Now I look like that free-loader who hides in the bathroom when the check comes. Thanks, Niall.

I was going to kill him.

I spun on my heel and made a b-line for the door. I could see them through the window standing close to the entrance all laughing about something. I burst through the door and caught all of their attention. My eyes locked with Niall's and he slowly pulled the cigarette he was smoking away from his lips. "There ya are!" He chirped.

"You paid for my meal?" Maybe I sounded ungrateful, but I didn't really care. I didn't need Niall doing nice things for me. I just wanted him to leave me alone already and go back to the UK.

I could feel Holly's and Harry's eyes on me, but I ignored it. Niall just chucked his cigarette to the ground and put it out with his foot. "Yeah." He looked up at me once his cigarette was squished. "Is that a problem?"