CHAPTER 36 : OUR FIRST KISS

Start from the beginning

Papa says "Diwali is on 30th of this month. So we shall leave on 27th and be back two days after Diwali." Everyone agrees with the plan.

I say "Me and Purvi have a good news." Karan says "Shreya, you're pregnant so fast ? Oh my god. You're not even married." I try to speak but Rajat says "Oh Purvi. Baby, I love you. I'm so happy. Thanks a lot." Rishi says "Congrats Purvi. Shreya, you need to get married soon. I'm so happy for you. Congrats." Every time I try to speak, someone or the other cuts me off. Left with no option, Me and Purvi shout "Shut up." Purvi says " Kuch bhi ?(Anything?) That's not the good news we're talking about. The good news is that we found a location for our new venture and the works will be commenced very soon. Now you can congratulate us." Everyone laugh at their silliness.

2 days later :

I wake up early in the morning and get dressed up for Sargi. After getting dressed up. I head to Nandu's room to check of he's ready as he too is fasting.

I go into his room and find him no where. I call out his name " Nandu kaha ho aap ? (Where are you?)" I hear him say " I'm in the washroom I've forgotten my towel. Can you bring it for me please." I could feel nervousness taking birth inside me. He forgot his towel ? Is he naked ? If yes, how should I go in ? I hear him say "Cool down Pari. I'm not naked. I'm wearing my bathing shorts." I take a sigh of relief.

I take the towel and head into the washroom. He was in the shower enclosure. I slowly head in and stretch my hand handing out the towel.

No matter how brave and confident I am to the outer world, when I come face to face with this man, everything changes. My brave and confident self is lost. I change into a person whose shy and nervous.

I felt a grip on my hand. I look up and find him holding my hand. That's the first time I looked at him since I entered. Wet hair, water drops rolling down his well built chest, smirk on his face. My grip on the towel tightens.

He pulls me in and closes the enclosure's door. I felt a knot in my stomach. My breath got uneven. I started to get nervous. My lips started to tremble. They always do when I'm nervous. I felt my cheeks heat up.

I try to escape but he traps me between his arms. One on the door behind me and the other on my waist. I felt the cold water touching my skin.

I ask him while stammering " Nandu.. What..What are y..you doing ?" He replies " Looking at my life." I say "You're wet from head to toe. You'll catch cold. Please wipe yourself." He says " Itna fikar karte ho to khud hi ponchh lo.( If you worry so much, then you yourself wipe the water off.)"

I forward my hand towards his arm to do so but he moves his arm back. He starts to move back and I move towards him to wipe the water off.

He takes the towel from my hand and throws it behind him. He turns the shower on and holds me by my waist. I say while stammering " Nan.. Nandu, everyone might be waiting for us. " He cuts me off saying "Shh. Happy first engagement anniversary Pari."

How did I forget ? That's so stupid of me. I say nothing but just look into his eyes. The shower was drenching both of us.

One of my hand reached to Nandu's shoulder while the other was placed on his chest. My knees fell weak. If it wasn't him him holding by my waist, I might have fallen.

One of his hand went on to cup my face. He leaned in as I closed my eyes. He claimed my lips. I couldn't move. His grip tightened on my waist as we kissed. My grip on his shoulder tightened. Oh my god. My first kiss. Our first kiss.