Asriel's Last Day: The Call

Frisk yelped as the familiar voice boomed across the minute room. They whiped their head around; getting chocolate hair stuck in their mouth in the progress, but the goat mother was no where to be seen. They choked on their donut and the swallowfull of stringy tangles as they discerned it was coming from their pocket.

The child scrambled to get the culprit, smoothing themself down in panic. Lifting their sweater; bringing out a small square from their pants, they brought it to their ear.

"MY CHILD!?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?" Frisk winced and quickly put into normal mode from a distance. Then, they put it to their ear once more.

"I'm fine." They cut her off, cupping their hand under the warm device. "I'm just playing with uh... some monster kids!" Frisk smiled innocently; despite knowing that Toriel wouldn't be able to see them. "Who's Asriel?"

"Ah... Nothing, little one." Toriel was so relieved. Frisk imagined her shoulders relaxing. "A story for another time, perhaps."

"Yes! I love bedtime stories!" Frisk began to jump up and down excitedly; they wanted to hear more about their new best friend's past. Their hands balled into fists as their shirt floated up and down with the momentum of each leap.

Toriel chukled, and Frisk realized that it sounded a lot like Asriel's. Like mother like son, I guess. Frisk produced a chortle themself.

"Anyway, the reason I called was because I was wor-"

"HELLO HUMAN!"

Frisk snorted as the theatrical accent hit their eardrums. They wheezed; for laughing too much can be bad for their stomach, as other voices were heard.

"WHERE'S THE LITTLE PUNK?!? I WANNA SQUASH- them, in a hug."

"oh... is it on...?"

"Hello, my fabulous little star! Can I talk to my number one fan?"

"H-hello, a-are we all going to speak with F-frisk?"

"The phone might be too crowded for that, Undyne. Let's wait until Toriel is done, hm?"

"yeah, no kidding."

"SANS!!!"

Frisk's heart warmed as they recognized all of their friends. Their grin widened to a ridiculous size. They wished to pile them all in a humongous hug, but they could barely embrace Papyrus' legs. Plus, it would be hard to do that over the phone.

"Alright, everyone, let me speak." Toriel said patiently. "I-We, we're starting to become anxious when you didn't come back for a long time. Take your time, my child, but please call us every once and a while."

"NOW IS IT MY TURN?!?" Papyrus shouted with excitement.

"Of course, if you want... be careful!" Toriel's voice sounded farther away.

"HELLO, HUMAN! IT IS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS! PLEASE COME VISIT US SOON! I HAVE SPAGHETTI PREPARED FOR YOU ARRIVAL!"

Frisk couldn't help but giggle. They always had a crazy smile on their face whenever Papyrus spoke. "I await that faithful day!" Frisk mimicked dramatically, hearing several laughs in the background.

"Until then..." Frisk did a audible wink. "I will miss that face of yours. We never got to experience those lips close to mine."

Frisk flipped their hair out of their face as Papyrus gasped. "F-FLIRTING? OH NO! I THOUGHT WE BEEN THROUGH THIS! FIRST OFF, I DON'T EVEN HAVE LIPS! LOOKS LIKE WE NEED ANOTHER DATE TO DECICE THIS, HUMAN! WHAT ABOUT ON THE SURFACE?" Papyrus took a huge breath right after large spiel; then contuined with more gusto. "THEIR CUISINE WILL NOT BE AS GREAT AS MINE, BUT WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE DO-"

"ALRIGHT, MY TURN!!!" Undyne tugged the phone away, and Frisk heard Papyrus cry out, "NO, WAIT!"

"HELLO, PUNK!!! When ya get back here, I wanna have some SERIOUS TRAINING! So, uh, finish up whatever your doing, alright?" Undyne's voice became unnaturally quiet. "I wanna hang out..."

"HERE, YOU TAKE IT!!!" Undyne roared unexpectedly. Frisk guessed the air rushing around the other side was the phone being tossed.

"Uh...uh...uh!" Frisk would recognize the stuttering yellow otaku anywhere. "I... uh... have nothing to say! Here, you take it!"

"oh no... I'm a ghost, so... I can't..."

"Don't worry about it, 'cuz!" Mettaton paused, probably to brush himself off, then began with a bit more splendor: "Hello, darling! I'm fine, as you can see! I'm hoping you come to see me, because I plan to give you a... makeover~ Not that you don't look gorgeous, beautiful! I just want to style you up!"

Frisk nodded excitedly, then realized they couldn't see them. "Oh yes~" They said, with the same fabulousness Mettaton did when he created that quote.

"Th-they said my thing!" Mettaton enthused gleefully, causing the human to think their friends where in the middle of a earthquake. "Oh! Here you go, Gorey~"

Asgore's amusement boomed across to Frisk, causing them to flinch a little. "Hello, little one. I hope you have forgiven me for my... manners toward you when I first meet you. Perhaps I'll be able to have an actual tea party face to face soon!"

"That would be great!" Despite the goat dad trying to kill them, Frisk couldn't stay mad at the sweet cinnamon roll. I wonder how he would react if I called him that? Before they could test that theory, a chuckle broke through the chaos.

"hey, kid. missed me?" Sans said with a hint of fondness. "woo, i feel a yawn comin' on, hold on."

Frisk let out a snicker as a loud yawn sounded near their ear. "yeah, that was a big one. anyway, i'm bone tired right now, so i'll cut to the chase." Sans seemed to struggle for a second, and just when Frisk was starting to get worried, he broke the uncomfortable slience:

"alright, kiddo. i'm going to be frank with ya. i..." Frisk cocked their head in anxious anticipation. "... completely forgot what i was goin' to say."

Frisk shook their head. Of course Sans is such a huge dork. Frisk licked their lips in sudden impatience. Asriel slipped from my mind! "Can you tell them I have to go? Also, that I love Toriel and... I can't wait for that date!"
Sans let out a sigh of... relief? Then, he went back to snorting and being dorky. "i didn't know ya were dating your mom. heh... you're a funny kid. well, keep just being you, alright?"

Click! Frisk tried to keep a frown on their face, but a beam kept cracking their armor. I love my friends! And I hope he knew what I meant...

"Frisk?"

Frisk froze as déjà-vu crashed into them; and their heart sank to the pit of their stomach. No... no! Just like last time...

Frisk didn't want to look, but they forced themself to turn their head to the source of the usually sinster voice. Right there, sat a lone flower, it's eyes filled with something Frisk couldn't describe...

Hi, I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower...

The Chronicles of UNDERTALE On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara