Asriel's Last Day: The Food

Frisk and Asriel froze. Frisk quickly gave Asriel a once over, before slamming some Cloudy Glasses on him. Asriel winced, but didn't say anything. Frisk finally twisted toward the source of the voice.

They relaxed. It was just a Vegetoid; a carrot monster, with frizzy green leaves for hair. He grinned with sinister intentions, but the human just knew that they wanted everyone to be healthy. His smile was more overjoyed then scary now.

"Did you hear? The seal was opened! We are all free!" In his haste, he failed to notice that he was talking with the exact human that saved the whole Underground. He sucked back into the ground, probably to spread more of this wonderful news.

Asriel let out the breath he was holding, smiling with relief. He rubbed his aching muzzle, giving Frisk a pretend glare. "Why did you slap me with glasses?"

Frisk shrugged and chuckled. "It occurred to me that they might recognize your eye color. After all, not all monster's have red eyes."

Asriel's scowl washed away; replaced with a eager look. "What are we going to do first?" He jumped back on his paws in excitement. He held out a paw and helped the human up.

"Why don't we-" A werid rumble echoed throughout the area. They both paused, looking around for the source. It sounded again; possibly closer this time?

Then, Asriel flushed a bright pink, matching his tu-tu perfectly. "That was my stomach." He said apologetically, patting his belly beneath the layers of clothes.

Frisk grinned, trying to keep from erupting into giggles. Their lungs already hurt so much. "I got just the thing for that! Come with me!" They grappled the young prince's hand, and tugged him down the unlit corridor.

Asriel gazed in amazement at the large purple door that loomed above him, complete with the Monster Crest. Frisk pushed open to door with a bit of difficulty; seeing that they wouldn't let go of Asriel's hand, and ran inside.

Asriel halted. He was staring at a falimar patch of grass, choking back bad memories. The memories growled his fleeting happiness away. They clawed at him from the shadows, threatening to drag him back to his old life...

Howdy! I'm Flowey, Flowey the flower...

Asriel snapped back to reality, only for a moment. He blinked the after-images away; and a few tears. Regret hung on to him like a hooked thorn, cutting him open, spilling his dust all over the place...

"Asriel! It's okay, it's just a bad dream..." Asriel shook his head, grabbing the sides of his face. His ears thudded against his head like thunder; he could barely hear the young voice. Yet, he recognized it immediately. He quivered in fear as a soothing voice encouraged him to stand up and forget what happened.

Frisk is right... I can't let this bother me now. Asriel put his shaking paw into Frisk's outstretched hand, and warmth flooded him; flushing the rest of his emotions away. He looked up to see a gentle Frisk smile down at him, then they winked and stuck their tongue out at him.

Typical. With the child's help, he started to walk again; as wobbly as he was, like a newborn goat. He couldn't wipe the grateful look of his face, which was a little annoying.

They walked through crumbling violet hallways, tiny plants struggling to grow, marble columns with intricate designs, puzzles, puzzles, and even more puzzles. Although, Frisk easily lead him through them all.

Frisk is full of surprises, Asriel thought to himself, sneaking a glance at them. They seemed to be about 8, with fawn colored hair, and glowing youth skin, almost yellow in the dimness. They had their eyes always squinting, as if they couldn't see well. They had a over sized pink and blue sweater with various unknown stains. Some looked oddly like spaghetti sauce, and others looked like white goop...?

Asriel jerked himself out if his thoughts. I can't let them see me staring! Frisk pulled him along a empty red flower bed, into a room beyond.

The room was small, with many cracks webbing the walls. It's seemly deserted, with the cobwebs and the dust everywhere...

I wonder if someone used to live here. Asriel gazed around some more, loss in old memories of him and Chara...

Chara... Asriel realized. Where are they? Could they be...

"Here!"

The little prince jumped as Frisk threw him something from across the room. He peered at his closed paws curiously, then slowly unwrapped them...

"AHHHHH!"

He quickly dropped the offended spider, flapping his arms up and down. The spider stomped away to its hole, not before shouting at him what was no doubt cussing in spider language. Frisk burst out laughing, pointing at him in amusement as Asriel's panic died down.

"You looked like a bird trying to take flight!" Frisk mimicked his gesture, then erupted into guffaws again. They held their stomach as it contuined.

Asriel felt a blush creeping into his cheeks. "It's not funny! I was just..." He resisted the urge to cover his face with his floppy ears, which he noticed were also turning crimson.

Frisk, still cackling, bent over the floor. They picked up a rounded object and tossed it to him again. Hoping it wasn't a spider, he caught it midair, and a surge of pride came over him. He turned it over in his hands, cocking his head slightly. It was a powdery donut with purple glaze.

Sprinkles... Asriel licked his chops. After remembering manners and saying "Thank you!", he took a huge bite. He tilted his head at the crunchy taste. Strange...

"What is in this?" Asriel said, still chewing.

Frisk put themself in a thinking stance, a playful smile on their face. "Oh, I don't know, but it is a spider doughnut, so... It could be made out of spiders."

"WHAT?!?!" Asriel cried out, choking and coughing. He wiped at his tongue, brushing off the crumbs, much to Frisk's delight. The human took away the pastry and happily began to eat.

"Welp, more for me!" They nibbled on it, spreading more crumbs on their shirt and face.

"How can you even eat that?" Asriel shivered. He couldn't imagine anyone eating spiders willingly...

Frisk shrugged, using their sleeve to clean their now snow white cheeks. "I'm not picky. Besides..." They rested their hands either side of them. "What do you have aganist spiders?" They asked mockingly, wiggling their small hips.

Asriel jutted his tongue at the insane child. "Spiders have eight, creepy legs. Also, they just look gross..." Asriel shuttered, wrapping his arms around himself. "Now, snails..."

"Ew, snails? You can't eat snails!"

"Yes, you can! Mom makes the best snail pies!"

"Yuck! You're gross!"

"Wait? No, you're gross!"

Both monster and human howling, they started to push each other. They wrestled in the small room, rolling around and their laughter booming across the Ruins.

"The Absolute God of Hyperdeath has got you now!" Asriel prepared to push Frisk with all his might-

"Asriel?!"