Audrey

Audrey

            Today is the day of the party, there’s no school and I’m spending the evening with the people I love! This day is going to go great! Cheyenne is busy with the party arrangements and dolling herself up for the party. I wonder if I should go for a manicure, though hitting the park with my ukulele sounded like a better idea. I washed up and ate my breakfast. I threw on an off-the shoulder-top and a pair of shorts before grabbing my ukulele and heading out.

            I’m pretty familiar with the place, I mean like the whole neighborhood and all because my family doesn’t have a car and I spend my time walking when Cheye and Dedrick are busy with their practices. I enjoy walking anyway, looking at the trees and flowers relaxes me. It’s autumn and the leaves are falling, it’s not my favorite season but I like the beautiful colors I see. Summer is my favorite season; it’s a time for ice cream, swimming and frolicking in the sun. When I reached the park, I spotted a few of my schoolmates together, some are snuggling up together, and others are just talking. They all greeted me with a ‘hi’ and a smile. It’s great to see people happy and spending time with one another. I sat on an empty bench and started strumming up my ukulele; I started with a few of my favorite songs and pretty soon I started singing to them. A few people stopped to listen, some smiled and nodded at me. That’s the magic of music! It cheers everyone up, and the joy of it can be shared! I lost track of time and had to run home. I decided to hit the showers and cleaned myself up before heading over. I dried my hair and decided to do a half-bun. I put on my tankini and wore shorts over it. I grabbed my phone and started making my way to Cheyenne’s. The roads are pretty crowded today, probably because there’s a concert down town, and the mall is having an autumn clearance sale. I could have went shopping I guess, but that won’t be as fun without Cheyenne I guess.

~

            I reached Cheyenne’s house pretty soon, I kind of forgot to call her so I guess I’d give her a surprise. No one is here at the party yet, at least not anyone I can see. The pool is empty, and the estate is quiet, is Cheyenne even inside? Did something happen to her?

            Just then, I heard something crash, it came from the kitchen. I tip-toed my way there, slightly afraid of what I might see.

            “Cheyenne?” I muttered. As I got closer, I knew she wasn’t alone, and I knew what they were doing, but I wasn’t prepared to see any of this.

            Cheyenne was lying on the kitchen countertop, Dedrick lying on top of her, kissing her neck, trailing down her chest, Cheyenne had her hand up Dedrick’s shirt, it’s consensual, so lost in each other that they failed to see me standing there.

 I ran out. I ran out of her house, I ran out of the estate, I don’t know where I’m running to. I’m crying so hard, my vision is blurring and I disconnected with the world, crying and running because that’s the only thing I know how to do now. Breathing so hard, I didn’t hear the sound of the oncoming car.