Best New Years Ever

Chapter 14

Jolene's P.O.V.

Christmas had come and gone already. It was so much fun. For a present I got Mitch an outfit that looked like his minecraft skin, and he got me this awesome mask. It's a royal blue, and it covers just my eyes. It had a layered patten that looked like scales being overlapped. It was the same the mask I had put on my skin. Those were just a few things among many presents given.

It's actually New Years tomorrow and I'm really excited. I've been working on a project for a while now that I'm going to finish tonight so it can be there for the celebrating.

I was outside working on it right now. I had stacked 2 snowballs, and had caved a pumpkin. I actually just came back from the forest with 2 sticks. This was going to be perfect.

I placed the sticks in their spots, and called Mitch out. He looked at me concerned, probably because I was just wearing a sweater at minus 20 degrees celsius. I ignored him, and ran to where I hidden the pumpkin.

When I came back Mitch looked really cold. I quickly, but neatly place the pumpkin on top. I had created my own snow golem! Mitch gave me a quick smile as he realized what it was. After that he turn, and quickly made his way back to the house.

I stood there admiring my work for a moment. I jumped when I saw it move. Mitch called my name so I looked at the house. He was beckoning for me to go inside. I shot a glance at the golem. It stood completely still. I push the thought of it moving aside as I ran to the house where Mitch was in the kitchen making hot chocolate.

~~--~~--

The next day.

I was so excited! It's almost the new year! Jerome had come over this morning so we could spend the day getting ready for the celebration that we were going to have tonight.

I danced around the snow golem smiling. He was the only one around here who also didn't get bothered by the cold. Then I saw it again. He moved!

I shook my head the cold must be making me go crazy. Not like I wasn't crazy before, but I think you get what I mean. I stared at him, but he didn't move so I shrugged. I turned around and headed towards the house.

When I got in I made some hot chocolate for me and the guys. I made sure to add plenty of whipped cream. I'm addicted to that stuff, but in my defence it's really good, just like candy!

~~--~~--

11:00pm

It was late. I shook my head so I would stay awake. We were all done preparing for midnight, so we were sitting in the living room talking about random things.

I had almost fallen asleep when a knock on the front door startled me awake. "I'll get it!" Mitch declared as he walked out of the room.

For awhile me and Jerome stared at the doorway in which he left. After a bit we were getting worried, it doesn't take that long to get to the door from the living room. "Notch?!" came Mitch's voice from the front door. I heard him clear his throat before he continued. "How could I help you?" he asked.

There was a pause. "I'm looking for Jolene." said Notch. I jumped at the ever so familiar voice. Jerome gave me a weird look, and I gave a shy smile back.

"Right this way." We hawed Mitch say before the door closed. Mitch quickly appeared in the doorway. He shot me a confused look. Then he took a seat.

As the next figure appeared in the doorway I couldn't help myself. I jumped up from my spot and ran over to him. "Uncle!" I shouted as I gave him a bear hug. Oops. I felt the eyes of the guys burning into my back as Notch hugged me back.