Chapter 14- The Ball

*Ren's POV*

I woke up to a start. What time is it...?

I looked at the clock and my eyes widened. "I'm gonna be late!!!!" I quickly grabbed my school bag and my tuxedo, then ran out the door.

I finally made it, but the bell rang right when I entered my hallway.
"Crap..." I said. I had an idea.

I slid open the classroom door and the first thing I heard was, "You're late."
I walked in and looked at the teacher.

"Oh, you're looking especially hot today." I said, winking at her.

"Go take your seat Kurata." She said.
At least I got a pass! As I sat down, I high fived Hikaru and Kaoru. Haruhi just face palmed, yet was smiling.

After classes, I quickly went to the Host Club. I met up with Honey-senpai first.

"Hey senpai, excited for the party?" I asked him. He nodded while saying, "Yeah! We're going to dress up Usa-Chan too!" I laughed, and went to the dressing area. I went in, and started getting dressed.

I walked out and did a little spin, but bumped into someone. "Oh, Kyoya. Nice to see you all dressed up." I said elbowing him playfully. He smiled.

Wait, he smiled...?!?!?!

"Oh my God..." I said backing away.
That's when I bumped into the twins.

"What's wrong Ren?" They said in unison.

"K-K-Kyoya... SMILED." I said dramatically. Hikaru and Kaoru played along also. "Oh God, the world is ending!!!" Said Hikaru.

"Nooooooooooo........" Said Kaoru pretending to fall into a pit.
We all laughed, and I moved on, walking to a couch to sit down.

*One Hour Later...*

Who knew that Ouran had a ball room? Like what the hell are up with these rich people? Well, technically, I'm also rich.

After all the setting up, we waited until it was time the ladies would come in.

"Welcome to our Masquerade Ball!" Said Tamaki.

"We involved a game in this, where we choose a King and a Queen! Let the fun begin!" Said Tamaki. We all seperated, and I walked around, wearing my mask. Girls didn't even recognize me! Heck, they didn't even talk to me. They were too busy looking for this man named 'Ren' or 'Tamaki' or 'The twins'. Oh wait, I'm Ren.

I walked around and saw this one girl with short hair sitting by herself.

"Would you care for a dance?" I asked her. "It would be my pleasure." She said smiling. We danced around the ball, and soon, I left the inside and went to the outside for a walk. There, I found Tamaki, sitting alone on the bench. At least, I thought he was alone.

"What are we going to do." Said Tamaki, scratching his head. I looked a bit further, and noticed that the whole Host club, excluding Haruhi, was there.

"I guess if we all like him, it's whoever asks him out first gets to have him." Said the twins.

"I'm going to win Ren-Chan's heart!" Said Honey. Wait, they're talking about me?! Well, what am I going to do.

"Too bad, that won't be as easy as you think." Said Kyoya.

"He's mine." Mori said boldly.

"Lets see about that..." Said the twins.

"I'll make sure he chooses me!" Said Tamaki. A certain sentence made me blush tomato red.

H-He likes me...? I thought to myself. My heart was thumping hard.

I walked back indoors, and got a cup of water. "Ren, what's wrong? You're face seems red."

"H-huh? Oh sorry Haruhi, I'm fine."
I wonder when he's going to propose. As if on que, I saw him in the corner of the ball room, signaling for me to come to him.

"Um, Haruhi, sorry, I've got to go." I said. She nodded and walked off.
I walked to him. It was my long time crush..........