Chapter 22.5 - Are You Okay?

Calum's POV

Nurses surround us in the clinic, tending our bruises. I was startled when Luke nudged me and I looked at him confused, "Dude, are you okay? What are you thinking?"

"Nothing, just, nevermind." I decided against telling him about June. I know he knows, though, I just don't want to confirm it.

"I don't have a car, though, can I get a ride with you to the hospital?"

"Oh uh, I'm not going to the hospital, I'm going to the office, but sure I'll drop you." Of course I wanted to check up on her but her room will be packed and I want to stay with her at the hospital without anybody there.

"What? Why not? Aren't you worried about June?" I just shrugged and the nurse came back with bandages for our fists.

--

I was at the office and I'm worried as fuck. I got suspended so working will take my mind off of things but it just made me think about her a lot more.

I couldn't focus at work, even at the meeting, I was out. Dad was starting to get worried, too, saying that I should head home. He wasn't mad at me for getting suspended, instead he was actually proud of me for defending my friends, especially June.

My worries are slowly eating me so I decided to text her.

To: Annoying Mushroom

Tell me you're okay.

Wait, that sounded too cheesy.

To: Annoying Mushroom

Or my suspension isn't worth it.

Okay, I think, that's fine.

I got back to work as I kept looking at my phone.

--

Two hours.

Two fucking hours.

She hasn't replied in two fucking hours. Wow.

Chill, Cal, she might be still asleep.

Hours passed, until it was six in the evening.

Why hasn't she replied?

The rain started pouring and I decided to go back home. I went to see dad in his office, "Dad, I'm going, you should, too. Don't stress yourself."

He nodded, "Yes, I'm actually just fixing my things."

We both went to the parking lot and to our own cars, "Dad?" He looked at me confused, "Is Uncle Frank staying with June?"

He shook his head, "No, Frank had to go back to the servo, and June sent your mom home, speaking of your mom, she's been calling nonstop so I guess we should head home now."

"I think I'm going to the hospital first. Just to uh get these bandages changed." I motioned to my fists he nodded. "Okay, then, call your mom when you get there, okay?"

I hummed and nodded. He got to his car and drove off first.

I hurriedly drove off the parking lot and went to the hospital.

--

--

A/N

I'm sorry this is so short but the next chapter will be long. Hihi.

SML XO

- Schy