Chapter 7.5 - New Kid On The Block

Calum's POV

2 hours.

June has been trying to solve the same problem for 2 hours now.

How did she even get into senior year without knowing the basics? This is going to be harder than I thought.

"For Pete's sake June, you've been solving that for hours now, you just have to find the value of x. It's not that hard." I whined. "Easy for you to say because you're such a smarty pants." She answered back.

"How did you even get into senior year without knowing these stuff?" I waved the notes in front of her face. "You're impossible."

"That's why I asked you to teach me. It was easy the first time, it only has equals on it, now with those pacman symbols."

"They are called inequalities, greater than and less than symbols." I huffed and moved closer to her so I could teach her. I felt her stiffen at my sudden gesture and I smirked to myself.

"Okay, this one is a pretty simple problem. x + 5 < 10, you'll just have to do it the way you do it with the equals sign, but the symbol in the final answer will be the same as the one in the problem."

I started explaining hopefully she would be able to understand or else I'm done. I have very little patience, if you must know.

I showed her the solution and continued explaining, "So the answer is x < 5, when you graph it, you put a line from the answer, which is five and then stretch out the line to the left, since x is less than five, stretch it out and put a little arrow at the end to signify that the line is endless. It could go further than the graph you drew."

"Did you get it?" I looked at her hoping she understood it but then she nodded still staring at me like I'm fucking Ken then I realized she didn't listen. I groaned and started over again making sure she would listen this time.

--

3 hours.

She finished all the problems I gave her in three hours. I was amazed that she didn't even falter in answering the questions.

"Good job slacker. I didn't know you had it in you."

She smiled at me, then I decided to tease her, "But it isn't enough to get to the top 50. You need more than just a day to study for the comprehensive maths test tomorrow."

She did great, but she needs to study harder. She needs to be motivated and I know mentioning the top 50 would make her motivated.

I got up and started walking out of her room when he called me. She smiled at me and thanked me. Once again, before I could even smile back, I turned around and closed her door. I fully smiled when I was outside feeling so accomplished with myself.

--

My phone ringtone woke me up from my sleep. I looked at the clock. 4:13. Who the fuck would call at this time of hour. I look at my phone to look who was calling. Lukey. Of fucking course, Luke.

I answered the phone and held it on my ear. "Why the fuck would you call me at 4 in the morning?" "Oh shit, is it 4am in there? I didn't know I'm sorry, it's noon in here." Luke answered.

"Well? What did you want to tell me that you had to call me at this time?" I'm so irritated. WHY WOULD SOMEONE WAKE ME UP FROM MY PRECIOUS SLEEP?

"Nothing, I was just bored." Luke answered sheepishly. I groaned, "I'm going to hang up. Bye." Before Luke could talk, I hung up the phone.

It's already 4:30 am, I wouldn't be able to sleep so I went down to get a glass of water. I came back up and noticed that June's room is slightly open. Her lights were still open, too.