Chapter 20 - I'm Already Done

June's POV

Two weeks. It's been two weeks.

I haven't seen Calum in two weeks. He always comes home late but every time I try to knock on his door, I couldn't. I didn't want to disturb him. I even thought about visiting him in the office but when I do, the guards wouldn't let me in. He even missed a game.

Luke has also been skipping practices from time to time, and it's not good. Their gig is tomorrow and they haven't practiced yet again with Calum. What if they spoil their first show? It'll not look good for the band.

Today is their last day to practice, Luke is here, but Calum is not. "We're doing good, right? Even without Calum? I mean, the guy's really busy, I don't think he can make it tomorrow." Luke said right after they played a song.

"Yeah, man, but we're better with him. We sound better with him." Michael reacted. For the first few weeks they've been practicing, Michael and Calum are close to being friends. Michael stopped calling Calum, Jerklum, and Calum stopped calling Michael red head.

"I'll try to talk to him if he can make it tomorrow, but no promises." Luke put his guitar down and pulled out his phone. He went up to the stairs and left us here in the basement.

Michael also put his guitar down and sat next to me. "Have you talked to Calum?" He asked me and I just shook my head. He raised his eyebrows at me as if he wants a better answer.

"No, I haven't. I haven't seen him even."

"You live in the same house and you haven't seen him?" He looks utterly confused and I shrugged, "I don't know, he always comes home late and leave early, or he might not have been coming home."

Our conversation was interrupted with Luke coming down the basement with a grin on his face. "He's coming tomorrow." Michael and Ashton both cheered and my conversation with Michael have completely been forgotten.

--

Today's the gig and I'm nervous as hell. Nervous for the boys, and nervous because I will see Calum today. He told Luke that he's coming, so I'm hoping he really does.

"Chill out, girl, it's like you're meeting him for the first time." Mikhaela nudged me as we get to the venue. "Well, it almost feels like it. You know, since I haven't seen him in a while."

That was when I saw him for the first time in two weeks. He was wearing a Green Day tank top with ripped skinny jeans. God he looks so good. He looks really different.

His tattoos are now more visible with his clothes. I haven't gotten to observe his tattoos before because it's always hidden underneath his uniform, but now, damn. And those guns. Phew phew.

But something other than his clothes looks different. He looks tired and stressed. I do think that he got thinner. No matter how good he looks in his clothes, overall he's not looking good.

Nevertheless, it still makes me happy that I got to see him. I smiled just seeing him but then when I glanced behind him, my smile faded.

Naomi.

Of course his girlfriend would be here. It's his first gig, why not let his girlfriend watch him, right? I just hope he wouldn't let her seat with me and Mikhaela.

"Oh, June." Mikhaela must have seen Naomi, too. She rubbed back and gave me a sympathetic smile. I guess Naomi being here is good. I mean, I could easily forget about Calum.

But what hurt me the most was when I saw Calum laughed with her. He was never like that to me. I actually have a hard time making him laugh but for Naomi, it seems as though it's a daily routine.