Ch.8: Crazy

Gosh.
It was amazing.

      Some of the things that left me breathless.

The wind rushed past me and I felt a thrill pass me. Adrenaline rushed through my spine and I let out a 'Whooop'

      I couldn't care less about the rain blasting in my face but I could only
drink the rushing scenery pass by with my eyes.

          I couldn't help let a smile break out from me.

        I tightened my arms around Gray and let out a happy laugh.

"Gray, this is freaking awesome!" I screamed over the sound of whooshing wind.
      I felt the sound of Gray's amusing chuckle.

"I know Eli!" He hollered back.

       My cheeks had turned red and my eyes was watering because of the wind but all I felt was this strange, amazing rush.

       It was an amazing feeling.

Suddenly the motorcycle stopped.

      Confused and disappointed, I released my grip around his waist to look to see he had stopped in front of my house.

      Wait.

"How did you know where I lived?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

           He took off his helmet, his dark eyes on my suspicious ones.

        "Mrs. Millerr decided to give me your address in case I was going over to your house. Now I think I would prefer your room, right Eli?" He smirked.

Confused, I asked "Why my room?"

          He sighed. "Forget it"

      I shrugged, hopping off his motorcycle.

I grinned at him in joy. I still felt tipsy from the ride. And hyper.

       "Bye Gray!" I waved enthusiastically.

He chuckled. Then leaned forward and whispered in my ears, his breath slightly tickling my neck.

        "See ya around,Eli"

        He slipped his helmet back on and hopped on. He smiled at me one last time and then drove away, a cloud of dust behind him.

       Grinning, I turned around and froze.

There was my mom's boyfriend, Mark tapping is foot in annoyance,his arms crossed over his chest.

      His eyes was glaring daggers.

Oh crap.
*****************

"Who was that guy?" Mark demanded as soon as I finished drying off.

      We were all in the kitchen. My mom was cooking something on the stove that smelled fairly delicious and my dad was leaning against the wall with baby Kyle in his arms. I on the other hand had taken a seat at the dinning table.

     Even though Mark isn't my dad he felt like it, sometimes.

Essa, my sister who was on her phone looked up when Mark said the word "that guy?"

"Beth can't afford an guy, Mark" Essa piped up, making me scoff.

      "Maaaark" I whined not really wanting to get into the topic.

"No, Beth! Who was that emo kid?" He snapped, careful to not wake Kyle up.

     "He isn't an emo kid!" I said defensively.

"Yes he is. That guy looked like the the king of emos!" He protested clearly exaggerating.

          "Drama queen" my mom muttered under her breath. My mother gave Mark an amused look.

           "Carrie! You're supposed to be on my side!" Mark whined like a kid while I cackled up.

         "Be quiet, Mark. You are going to wake up the baby" mom said as she took the baby from him. Her lips twitched a little.

          "Did you just smile?" Mark asked incredulously.

"No" mom replied monotone.

          "Yes you did!" Mark accused at her.

"No, I did not" her lips twitched a little again.

                  "You just did it again! You are laughing while I'm Ina serious matter?! How selfish!" Mark protested once more.

"You are blind" she replied as she straddled the baby against her chest.

Essa on the other hand just laughed at his incredulous face.

         Dad protested but she turned an deaf ear against him.

"Your life is so sad, Mark" I whispered to him as we sat down on our dinner table.

        "She is just stubborn, Beth" Mark whispered the complaint as mom set up the dinner plates in front of us.

      "You two can't whisper to save your life" mom told us as she strapped the baby in the high chair.

      "Oh be quiet!" We both called.

"Alright" mom shrugged as she sat down and fed the baby.

Essa put away her phone and grabbed some forks to start eating,

      "Now Beth, who was that emo kid?" Dad started the dinner conversation.

I glared at him. "Mark!"

        "No, no, I have to know if he did something to my little daughter!" Mark said.
             "Dad I'm 18!! He just gave me a ride. You should be thanking him instead of going Darth Vader on his butt!" I complained.

      "But I didn't even bring out the shotgun!" He protested.

"You don't even have one!" I told him rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, dad" Essa agreed, as she took a spoon of rice into her mouth.

        "Who said I don't" dad said

"Stop lying" I told him, frowning.

        "He does" mom said making me almost spit out my food.

"W-what?" I sputtered because mom always speaks the truth.

"Seriously?" Essa said equally surprised.

       "You girls believe her and you don't believe me?" Mark said offended.

Then he grinned. "I told you, girls! It's in the back off the attic so it will be useful whenever a guy comes so I could get a good shot at him. Now especially you, Beth. When have you even took an interest in boys? Don't worry I'll drive them away for you, girls"

       "That is so illegal, Mark!" I said shocked.

He only grinned and shrugged.

        I took another mouthful of chicken and rice.

"Wait, Beth, I got another question for you."

     "Yeah" I said with a mouthful of food.

"Did you use condoms?"

         This time I did spit out my food.

My face grew dark red and mom didn't bother hiding her laugh. Even baby Kyle seemed to giggle. Essa eyes did widen at Mark's statement but instead of sympathizing, she smiled happily at me.

      I quickly gulped down a glass of water, my body and face still hot.

"You are the worst!!" I exclaimed extremely embarrassed.

        Mark just smiled devilishly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later.