Ch.5: Curious

I wrapped my hands around the steaming cup of hot chocolate and looked outside the window.

The white mess and the darkened clouds could only be described as a snowstorm. A snowstorm that made me stuck at my mom's restaurant.

I looked back up and called " Mom? How long till we close down?"

"Few more hours, Beth!" I heard her call back.

I sighed taking a sip of the chocolate and shifted inside my dark green sweatshirt.

My mom's restaurant was tiny but I think it was pretty. There was a few round tables scattered across the room with the tall chairs. But at the side there was 2 huge green sofas that faced each other with a deep green colored table. I had pushed my butt into one of the sofas with my bookbag laying against my side. The walls was a deep burgundy color with a kitchen at the back that was covered with long red curtains. And the restaurant was empty. Who would even come at this storm,anyway?

Suddenly the glass doors smacked open and in came 3 guys. My eyes widened at the rattling glass of the door. I scowled. It could have broke!

My gaze shifted to the 3 guys. Their snow covered jacket with the hoodies on just made them strange. They limped a little as they took steps to one of the tables. They didn't seem to notice me criticizing them.

They entered cooly, dropping their butts into the chair.
I don't know why but their posture looked familiar. Really familiar.

One of the guy in a blue snow covered jacket started looking around just as mom came out of the kitchen with a bright smile. The guy's intense gaze suddenly stopped on me, making me pause at taking another sip of my hot chocolate. My eyes caught his dark grey ones.

My breath hitched. Those eyes. The guy quickly took his gaze of me as my mom started speaking.

Those eyes. They were grey. Familiar grey.

Where had I seen them?

Grey

Grey

Gray!

Of course! They looked just like Gray's!

I squinted as I noticed my mom's cheeks had turned red. They better not be insulting her. But then I noticed she gave a big smile, making me raise an eyebrow. Wow, please don't tell me they're flirting with her! She has a freaking boyfriend for god's sake! Yes, a boyfriend.

My eyes lowered to the guy in the blue jacket. He still had his hoodie on despite the warm temperature inside the restaurant.

His eyes looked just like Gray's. But for all I know, Gray does not have any friends. Well none that I see him with. Most of the time, Gray's eyes are lowered and he walks along the hallway, alone.

Yes, sad, I know,

I let out a tired sigh. This couldn't be Gray. I mean...

Gosh my head was hurting now. I realized I had finished my hot chocolate. I stood up and started walking with my empty cup in my hand.

Just as I came across the guys' table, a leg was rudely across my way.
I hadn't noticed it, and I let out a squeal of surprise when my feet made contact with it.

I toppled on my feet in a weird way and then my legs gave out.
My eyes closed on its own record when I realized I was going to have a painful meeting with my butt to the floor.

Before my butt kissed the ground, I felt strong hands wrap around my waist.

With my eyes still closed,I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't get the painful fall. A thankful smile made its way to my lips as I opened my eyes.

I was met with powerful grey eyes that made me breathless.

It was Gray.

Big surprise.