Ch.2: Weird

"Wait you're kidding me,right?" Keira said her words lacing with awe.

I gave her a dark look. "I kid you not. And yes I will be tutoring him today"

"But do you even know who he is? Gray Reece for fuck's sake is the most hottest guy on earth and you'll be tutoring him so stop acting like you are going book shopping." Keira's words were making me annoyed.

      "Even his butt cheeks are even. Can you believe it? I'd totally rate it a 10" Keira said as she played with her fingers.

            I was supposed to make a face at that but I couldn't help agree. I did notice his butt cheeks. He had a nice butt.

        Oh gosh what was I thinking? I took a deep breath and calmed my racing heart. It would be a breeze.

"And you girl, stop acting like he's a bombdiggity hotstar" I replied as I packed some grammar books and other things so it would be easier to teach Gray.

"But did you even hear the rumors,Beth? He went to jail for selling drugs!! And he even has a gun!!"Keira exclaimed, her blond hair flipping wildly.

I stared at her,extremely confused by her behavior, " Keira it's called
rumors for an reason. Because it is not true. And what's with you? The first time you are complimenting Gray on his hotness and the next you are insulting him because of some stupid rumors" , I said shaking my head.

Keira sighed as she plopped on my bed in jean shorts and crop top. She came in with a long coat but the cold air outside would really freeze her bare legs off.

     I took off my current clothes until I was just in my undergarments.

Hey don't look at me like that. Keira and I have been best friend till 1st grade and it's not like I am stark naked in front of her.

I looked through my drawers for an sweatshirt and jeans. I slipped on some black pants and an maroon colored sweatshirt that said "Darin' Devil"

     "Yes I have a lot of sweatshirts. This maroon one I got from my cousin Rocky on my birthday.
He's punk and that sweatshirt was his taste so he had to buy it for me not even considering if I will like it. I did.

"Are you seriously going to wear that?" Keira said as I put on my sneakers.

        "I'm not goin on a date so shut up. And lock the door before you leave, okay?" I said grabbing my bag.

           She came over so frequently I gave her an extra key to my house.

"Alright. See ya" , Keira said as she got out her phone. I rolled my eyes and headed out the door.

As soon as I was out the door,

           I took out an paper to see what Mrs. Millerr had written.

Maywell Av. 1982 house number.

        I blinked. Maywell Avenue was the richer part of the town. But of course being Gray Reece he probably has millionaire parents.

               Not having enough money to catch an taxi I walked there.

         When I was finally in Maywell, my breath took away. Each side of me was lush gardens and huge mansions with silver iron gates. Even the pebbled street looked smooth under my feet..

It was like an different scenery altogether.

              I walked nervously looking for Number 1982 on the mail boxes. When I finally found the number on an vibrating red mailbox I grinned. I stood before an huge pearly white mansion that was behind the spiky black gates with a huge green garden.

     It was an amazing sight.

          There was a guard standing on one side of the gate.

         I waved "Um hello?" I said, suddenly wondering if it was an statue. But the guard's calculated look told me it wasn't.

"Who are you?" He demanded gruffly.

"Um Beth Hernandez. I am Gray's tutor. " I mumbled

"I was instructed for Elizabeth Hernandez not Beth Hernandez " he said.

I gave him a weird look. "Yeah that'd be my whole name. Beth is short
Elizabeth, sir"

He gave me a calculated look and once assured I was telling the truth he opened the gates.

I walked to the mansions door and was surprised to see it open.

I shrugged and stepped inside, A soft lemony smell hit my nostrils and I noted I was in a smooth floor with a huge chandelier over my head. And that was it. In front of me was a spiral staircase and either side of me was 2 doorways. The left one was open as the right one as well.

I saw rooms from the open doorways. I knew the left one showed the huge living room.

"Hey!! Who are you lady?" An woman in maid's uniform said. What the hell?

"Um tutor for Gray" I replied.

"Two floors up and the last room to the right" she said gesturing her broom to the spiral staircase.

"Thanks" I replied. She ignored it and scurried off.

Ugh I hate walking up the stairs. It's so tiring. But I did walk 2 flights of stairs to reach Gray's room. It was easy to figure out considering the huge black letters with his name on it.

I knocked. No sound. I knocked again. No one opened.

Wait what was that weird sound. It was a mix between a groan and a moan. Was Gray in pain or something? Or is it a thief?

Again I heard the bed creaking and that same sound coming from inside . My heart pounded. Did they not notice a robber was probably inside?

I opened the door quickly.

And screamed in horror.