19: Coming Soon To Own On Your Couch

When I get home, it's about 2 in the morning. Everyone's on their way to New York tonight with my mom, so I have the whole place to myself. But to be honest, I really wish they were here to welcome me back home, ask me how it went.
I kick off my shoes and fall into the couch.
"What a rough night..."
Leaning my head back and closing my eyes, just relaxing a bit, I'm pulled out of my relaxed state by the sound of screeching tires on the pavement, just outside the front door.
Who the hell would be here at this hour doing that shit?
I peek out the window, and sure as shit, Jackson is running up to the porch steps.
Nononononononononono... I lock the door and deadbolt it, then run to the back door and repeat my steps. I then lock all the windows on the main floor.
When I return to the door, he's knocking continuously, calling my name.
"Luna, please open up."
"Luna, I know you're in there, please let me in."
"Luna, I just wanna talk to you."
"Luna, please, it'll only take a second."
"Please, Lu, just hear me out."
Getting tired of his desperate calls, I respond through the door. "Why should I let you?"
"All I want to do is apologize."
I sit there, ponder it, then open the door. He rushes in, grabs my face, and kisses me as passionately as humanly possible.
Between breaths, he gets out, "I love you."
My body just reacts, closing my eyes and wrapping my arms around his neck.
His hands wander to the zipper of my dress and it opens up in the second he uses his foot to kick the door closed.

That night was one of the best, and most unanticipated nights of my life.