5: Studious

"Alright, let's get started."
"Ugh, why do you INSIST that I tutor you again?"
"You're smart, and you have to meet with me due to our partnership; I thought it was a good idea."
"Aaaaaannndd?"
He sighs, running his hand through his thick hair, "and I'm in line for a fencing scholarship. And yes, I know fencing isn't a "school organization" but all scholarships run through the school, so I have to get good grades." He looks at me, "but teachers suck."
I can't help but chuckle at that.
"What?"
"You're so right it's funny."
He scoffs lightly. "That's the first time I've heard you say that before."
"Well, it'll probably be your last. Come on, you gotta pass a math test here."

"We've been at it for hours, Lu, I think we can take a break," Jackson complains as he falls back onto his mattress.
"Did you just call me Lu?"
"You got a problem with it?"
"It's just weird. Only my friends call me Lu."
"I really don't care unless you give me a break. It's like..." He looks at the clock on his bedside table, "midnight. Damn, don't you have a curfew?"
"When it's a non-academic meeting. Fine, we can take a break. You're killin' me anyway, Smalls."
"Huh?"
"Nevermind. So what do we do? I can't leave your room unless it's to enter or exit the house."
He groans in frustration. "Fine, let's go out to the pool. I need a swim." At that, he gets up, goes into his closet, comes back out with shorts in his hand a walks out.
"What the hell was that?"

"Come on in, Luna! The water's fine..."
"Nah, I'm good... think I'll just... dip
ma toes in." I kick my feet around slightly to prove my point. "Ahhhh..."
"Oh, come on... I know you need a break, too."
"I'm taking one right now, dumbass."
"I don't just mean from studying. You need a break from "perfect and put-together" too, you know?" He swims up to me and rests his arms beside my legs facing towards the side of the pool, exposing his muscular back. I never thought he'd ACTUALLY be attractive, but damn.
"Don't you ever wonder what it might be like to break the rules?"
"Umm... not really, no."
"Why not? Do you just not have a sense of adventure, or do Mommy and Daddy keep you locked in too much?" He jeers.
"Neither. Unlike you and your brainless, maniacal friends, I have learned to restrain myself."
"Well, that shouldn't mean you can't have any fun, or do anything a little wrong." Jackson smirks up at me.
"Like what?" I give him a look.
"Like this-" He grabs my arm and pulls me into the pool.
When I resurface, I brush the hair out of my face and glare at him so hard, that if looks could kill, he'd be decaying.
"You better run for your life."
He backs up a little. "Why...?"
"Because if I catch you, I'm digging your eyeballs out with a spoon."
Let's just say he didn't stay there for long.

"You know, even though I slapped you across your face-"
"AND clawed down my back-"
"That wasn't intentional, and you know it."
"SURE."
"Anyway, even after all that, I still don't feel any better."
"Well, why not?" He asks mockingly.
"Because I'm still SOAKED."
"Not the first time I've heard that before." He sends me a wink.
"Eww."
"Oh, you like it. So, do you need a change of clothes?"
"What, does one of your hoes have a secret stash of clothing here or something? Cuz if that's the case, I say no-"
"No, but I have an extra t-shirt and a fresh pair of boxers," he gives me a "take-it-or-leave-it" gesture as he hands me a towel.
"Uggh, fine."
"You can take a shower too, if you want. I'll run your clothes through the washer so they'll be clean later."
"Um, thanks." I don't know what to do, he's being... HELPFUL.