Chapter 38

As soon as we arrived at home, Aaron and I laid down in our bed. Aaron wrapped his arms carefully around me and I started crying into his chest. He stroked over my back and started singing a quiet lullaby. It took me a moment, before I could realize, that it was our song. I had to smile slightly and fell asleep soon.
We didn't hear anything of my mom again during the first week after the accident. It seemed to be okay, but then she started calling me and sending me hate mails. She swore, that I would never be happy again, that I would regret everything I ever did. She said I was the reason why my father cheated on her, I was the reason why he killed himself a year ago. When I heard that, I couldn't stand it anymore and collapsed.
I killed my father. It was my fault, that he killed himself.
Aaron quickly brought me to hospital. I was fine and thank God so were the twins. I soon could go home again. I felt so horrible, so helpless. And seemed as if Aaron was on the edge. Of course, I would be as well. I was sure he would leave me, I just knew it. He was so distant, he said he had to work long, so he could stay out late. Maybe he wasn't only on the edge, but also cheating on me...
One day I came home, after I went to the doctor again, crying my eyes out. The babies were fine, but the thing with Aaron burdened me a lot. I closed the door behind me and stepped into the living room, when I saw Aaron stabding in it. He wore some fancy clothes and the table was prepared for dinner, two candles and a rose were standing on it. "Scar, what happened?", he asked concerned and rushed over to me. "Are the twins?" I looked at him and shook my head. "They're fine...", I whispered. He wiped my tears away and kissed me gently.
"What is it?" I looked into his eyes. "Are you cheating on me?", I asked quietly. He looked at me with big eyes. "What? No! No, of course not! Scar, I love you. I love you more than anyone else!", he said. "And actually, I wanted to ask you something...", he said and knelt down in front of me.
My eyes widened, as he pulled a small box out of his pocket, then he opened it and I saw a ring in it. "Scarlett, you are everything to me. And you give me everything I need. Love, happiness and a family. I know, we're going through a tough time right now, but I know as long as we stay together, we can make this. And when this is over and our beautiful twins are born, I can't wait to see you in a beautiful white dress. Scarlett, will you give me the huge honor and marry me?"

Future Plansजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें