Chapter 7

The doctor put the gel on my stomach and I had to shiver a bit, because of its cold. Aaron chuckled quietly and took my hand. He sat on the chair next to me and smiled widely. The doctor went over my stomach with his tool and I looked at the monitor. "And here is your baby.", he said smiling. I only saw a little speckle on the monitor, but... That was my baby... My little miracle... Tears started to fill my eyes and trickled down my cheeks. "My God...", Aaron whispered next to me. I looked at him and saw that he cried, too. "This is our baby...", I said smiling. Aaron looked at me, I could tell that he still couldn't believe it. "And if you listen closely, you already hear its heartbeat.", the doctor said. Aaron and I immediately went quiet and listened. I suddenly heard a quiet pounding and gasped for breath. Again another pounding. Aaron squeezed my hand tighter and he took a deep breath. "Oh God...", I whispered and started crying.
He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "My God, our baby is perfect... I love you so much, Scar.", he said and kissed my forehead again. The doctor smiled at us and then gave us an ultrasound picture of our miracle. He cleaned my stomach and said goodbye. Aaron drove us home to his apartment and we sat into the living room. I sat onto his lap and pulled the picture out of my bag. "Our baby...", I said quietly and looked at Aaron. His eyes were full with tears again and I had to giggle. "Scar, this is... God, I can't even tell you how perfect this is...", he said and kissed me gently. "I love you so so much... You give me so much and I wish I could give you something back and-" I laid my finger on his lips and smiled. "You give me everything I need.", I said and kissed him gently. He smiled and replied the kiss softly. "So, daddy..." He chuckled and smiled at me. "Yes, mommy?" I smiled widely and kissed his nose. "Any special dinner wish?", I asked and wanted to stand up, but he held me back. "Ababab. You'll stay here and I will make you something.", he said, pushed me from his lap onto the couch and got up. "So? Anything special you two need?", he asked smiling. "Umm... How about pizza?", I asked and grinned. "As you wish.", he said smiling, leaned down to kiss my forehead and walked into his kitchen. I laid down on the couch and looked at the picture again. I smiled widely and stroked over my stomach. "I love you so much, my little miracle..."