Chapter 29

"What do you want?", I asked her, trying to hold back my tears. "I wanted to ask how you are. That's what mothers do.", she said in a sweet voice. "Oh, really? So sudden?", I asked. She sighed. "I heard you live in New York now.", she said. "Who told-" "That doesn't matter. And I heard you're pregnant.", she interrupted me. "I am, yes.", I said quietly. "Hm and I heard he's a celebrity. Good choice, maybe I taught you a bit more than I thou-" "Mom, stop it.", I interrupted her sharply. "Oh, so you're not using him for success?", she asked and I could almost see her eyebrows raise. "No! No, I..."
God, what was I doing? It was hopeless! She wouldn't listen to me anyway.
"So, what is the gender of that little bastard?", she suddenly asked. "Mom!", I yelled. "Stop talking about it like this! You have no right to talk like this! You were a horrible mother, you were never there for me and always treated me badly!" I completely forgot, that Aaron was sitting next to me, hearing everything. "You were the most horrible mother a child could have and I swear to God, I will be a much better mother than you ever were! Cause I won't make the same mistakes as you did back then.", I said and hung up. I threw my phone back into my bag, laid my face in my hands and sobbed. "Scar?" I shook my head slightly and sobbed again.
We arrived at home and Aaron got out of the car. He opened my door and wanted to pull me out, but I shook my head again. "Scar, come on." I sobbed loudly again, when I felt Aaron's arms under my legs and on my back. He lifted me out of the car and I pressed my head against his chest, crying my eyes out. He carried me up the stairs into his apartment, then he laid me down on the bed and covered me with the blanket. He laid down next to me and kissed my forehead. "It's fine, Scar. I'm here.", he whispered. I pressed my head against his chest, as he wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his chest while he stroked over my back.
How could she do this to me? How could she be that heartless and cold? How could anyone be like that? I would never be such a horrible mother like her! I would always be there for my little speckle and I would never hurt her!
Not like she did with me...