Chapter 22

I took a deep breath and finally knocked at the door. First I couldn't realize, that I was really there. But I had to do this, for Aaron. It was almost two in the morning, but I couldn't wait anymore. I couldn't let him suffer any longer. The door opened and his father looked at me sleepily. "Yes?" His exes widened, when he realized it was me. "Scarlett?" "Hello, Mr. Tveit... May I come in? I know it's very late, but it's important.", I said a little shyly. He looked at me and smiled. "Of course, come in.", he said and stepped aside. I entered and took another deep breath. "Do you need anything? A glass of water maybe?", he asked and smiled. "No, no, I don't need something. But thank you." He smiled, when his wife came out of the bedroom. "Stanley, who was that? Who is-" She stopped, when she saw me. "You?", she asked surprised. Did I hear something like... respect?
"Hello, Mrs. Tveit. I'm sorry, that I had to come here so late, but it's very important.", I said and tried to sound calm. She looked at me and came towards. "I hope it really is important. I can't see a reason, why you come ober here in the middle of the night.", she said and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "The reason is very important. To both of us. It's Aaron.", I said. Her eyes widened a bit. "What? What happened? Is he hurt?" I looked at my hands for a moment. "Well... Kind of.", I said quietly. "What is with him?", his father asked. I looked up. "He has terrible nightmares since our last meeting two days ago. He's tossing and turning, sweating and crying in sleep. He tries to act normal around me, but I can see, that he struggles with the argument between you two.", I explained. She looked at me, she didn't say something. "I know, you don't like me.", I suddenly said.
"You probably hate me, but... Aaron doesn't. He loves me. And I love him. More than anyone else. And I want to be with him. And the baby. You may think I use him, but I don't! I don't want his money or anything like that. I want him. Him, the way he his. With or without money. And I don't use this baby to bind him to me, I would have kept it without him anyway. And that he wants to raise our baby with me is the best thing that could have happened. So, please if you hate me, try to hide it, if not for me, then at least for Aaron..." She looked at me and her jaw dropped a bit, while I spoke. His father looked at me and smiled widely.
"You're really serious with him, aren't you?", he asked. I looked at him and nodded. His mom came towards me and suddenly she hugged me. "I'm sorry, Scarlett. I should have listened to you.", she said. I was a little shocked, but smiled. "I'm sorry, that I was so mean to you. It was just an enormous shock for me to hear that. I should have listened to you first. I'm very sorry and I hope you can forgive me.", she said and I could see tears in her eyes. "If you can forgive me.", I said quietly. "I have nothing to forgive you!", she said and hugged me again. "Thank you.", I said and smiled. Aaron's mother just opened her mouth to say something, when it suddenly knocked fiercely at the door.