Chapter 49: Departure!

Sara Pov

'What to do now?' I thought sadly as I stared at the sky while sitting on the roof of my house '6 years as a shinobi and I was useless during the fight with Kimimaro. My kekkei genkai is one of the things I rely the most on and now I don't even know how to use it.

I was even struggling to use my chakra, and my jutsu wasn't at its usual power'

'You should get going anyway' Emi told me.

It was three days later since that mission, during the day. Just a day ago did Sakura and Naruto leave on a mission, Choji and Neji were conscious and recovering okay. Even Shikamaru was back to his usual self.

I was wearing my casual outfit as I jumped down, from the roof and waited outside the house door, till Yoshio and Kohana came out ready.

We headed through the village and got flowers on our way to the graveyard. When there Kohana went towards her father's grave while I led Yoshio to our parent's.

"8 years today" He said sadly as we both placed the flowers on each of mom and dad's graves.

"It's so long ago but feels like just yesterday" I said guiltily crouching

"To me it doesn't feel so long ago" He said chuckling "I might have not even known, if it weren't for you" he ruffled my hair making me smile sadly.

'Mom, Dad!' I thought 'I brought him back, but I lost my friend to the same person. So one mission down and another one to replace it.'

The wind blew through the silent graveyard, each of us lost in thought.

'I need to get stronger' I thought 'But I am not even sure how I am gonna do it. But I am not gonna give up! Everyone is going to be working hard, I am not going to be an exception. Also I was promoted to jounin, so I need to work harder than everyone! Just watch over us.'

Time skip...

"That's right!" I said remembering "I haven't told you Yoshio! I was promoted to jounin!"

We were walking to Ichiraku to have dinner, when I told him.

"What?!" He looked at me shocked "When did that happen?"

"While you were on your mission" I told him "And don't look so surprised"

He griped me in a hug, while ruffling my hair.

"Oh! My little sister is all grown up and became a jounin" He said cheerfully chuckling.

"Stop it!" I shouted trying to get out of his grip while I could hear Kohana laughing at me.

He finally let go and I adjusted my hair again.

"This calls for a celebration" He said cheerfully.

"No parties!" I said crossing my hands in an x and causing Kohana to pout.

"Why?" She said pouting and giving me the puppy dog face.

"Not gonna work" I told her.

"Let's settle for one with the three of us and uncle Hideo, Ok?" Yoshio intervened between us.

"Fine" Both of us said.

"Okay you two go ahead to Ichiraku and I will go get Uncle" He told us as he ran off.

Time skip...

The celebration earlier that night was pretty nice, it got my head off of lots of things. I was resting on our house roof watching the stars.