chapter 40: The target

Not much of a chapter but I thought you guys desrved something considering hom many votes did this story get. The votes are over 800!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

Its just a passing chapter not much fun but considering I wrote it in the midst of all the exams i think it turned out pretty well.

Shikamaru Pov

'What a drag!' I thought jumping from one tree to another, beside me was Kiba and Yumiko and so far we had nothing.

This was almost our third time into the forest; it was drill for us to finish covering a certain distance before meeting up with Asuma again and then repeat.

Considering so far we didn't manage to get any results I just wanted to lay down. Soon enough though we jumped down from the last trees into the end of the forest.

"I though you said this was only a forest area followed by the mountains?" Kiba questioned.

While we could see the mountain up ahead in a distance this area mostly though was houses and farms, with a river passing on the side from another part from the forest. It passed beside the houses with waterwheels beside them.

"Oops" She muttered scratching the back of her head "I forget, this is just our farming area I mean we have to get our food from somewhere."

"It does not look so lively" I told her

"Most of the farmers are back at the village, they didn't feel safe staying here alone" She explained.

"Troublesome woman" I muttered "We should head back and tell Asuma" there was a chance that this could be their hiding place. If it was we could get in a fight which we were not ready for.

Sara Pov

It was almost sun down, as my eye brows twitched again at the silence around me.

I opened my closed eyes huffing in the process, as I sat normally instead of cross legged and let my legs dangle from the side.

After the conversation with Manami I started trying to meditate but of course every time I closed my eyes I couldn't empty my mind and concentrate.

'You know you're being an idiot' Yami said in my mind

'She said that my mind and emotions were behind this so I am trying to solve it' I told her 'If I could just meditate'

'You had been at it for hours now and you have gotten nowhere. You know that what you are doing is not the answer' She told me finishing her sentence quietly.

I didn't reply, I just stayed quiet watching the sunset, I knew that what I was doing was not the answer but the alternative was dealing with them and doing that at this time wasn't possible.

I clenched my fists.

'If I face everything there is a chance I would probably break down and right now is the worst time for that, I already cried enough on this mission.' I told her 'I can't let my emotions get in the way of saving the village and my brother.'

'Suit yourself' She retorted and going back to her silence I just sighed.

'I can't lose this chance not again'

'Um...Sara!' Sadao thought to me just afterwards 'we are coming over now'

'We?' I questioned

'Yes me, Ume and Raiden' He told me and my eyes widened but that was the only reaction I got time to do.

"Saraaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Just as he told me two voices screeched from the sky behind me.

I was thrown to the ground by the two bodies.