Please, Don't Do This...

Start from the beginning

Mickey took that as a reasonable answer. He leaned back against the counter. "Why you here?"

"Was looking for the brown asshole," Jamie replied. "That redhead of yours was right you know, telling the cops he didn't know the guy. Otherwise the cops would be looking for Kash right now and we wouldn't get our way with him."

"I say let the guy rot in jail," Mickey shrugged. Jamie snorted and raised an eyebrow at his younger brother.

"You know Colin wouldn't let that happen."

Mickey fought the urge to roll his eyes. "When did you become Colin's bitch, huh?"

"Fuck off. By the way, we don't have a lot of time before Colin kills Maria, if you want to stop it."

Mickey turned his back to Jamie and took another bite out of the candy. "Eh, whatever. He decided he wants to go back to jail then who the fuck am I to stop him?"

Jamie furrowed his eyebrows and dropped the magazine, walking towards Mickey. He leaned his back against the counter, Mickey watching him from the corner of his eye. "Maybe I'm the only reasonable son of a bitch in this family, but I don't want Colin going to jail. And from what I remember about you, you were just as fucking upset about him killing Maria too."

"Does he know Kash stabbed me?"

"I told him. He doesn't care."

Mickey looked at Jamie for a second before sighing and rubbing his forehead. "Where is he now?"

"My guess is Sebastian's house loading up on guns and ammo."

"Alright we'll fucking talk to him then." Mickey's head was starting to pound again. He needed a fucking drink.

"You alright, man? You look like shit," Jamie put a hand on Mickey's shoulder. Mickey dug his head in his hands, feeling that hole of emptiness in his stomach widen even more.

"Whatever, I'm fine," he coughed to hide the weakness in his voice. Jamie watched him with a concerned look.

"So how's Red?"

Mickey glanced up at his brother with an empty expression and shrugged loosely, eyes darting to the floor. "Fine, good, whatever."

"His leg?"

"Healing."

Jamie waited a second before asking the next question. "How come he went to the station?"

"Beats me," Mickey lied through his teeth, crossing his arms. "He's got a problem where he can't mind his own business."

"You got to be careful with... relationships like yours," Jamie said. Mickey looked at him with raised eyebrows. "You guys clearly fight all the time. You don't give him attention, you better believe he'll find someone else who will."

Mickey scoffed disbelievingly as Jamie walked out of the store. "The fuck do you know about relationships," he mumbled while following his brother outside.

---

"Hey Ian," Fiona greeted as she entered the house with bags of groceries. She set them down on the counter. Ian sat at the table, flipping through job listings in the newspaper. "Whatcha doing?"

"Well, since Mickey and his brothers are about to land themselves back in jail I realized that I might as well start making my own cash instead of sitting on my ass all the time," Ian replied smartly with a sour grin. Fiona raised her eyebrows amusedly while putting groceries away.

"What are they up to now?"

"Kash stabbed Mickey, ya-da-ya-da he's wants revenge blah blah, Mickey won't accept his feelings and his brothers want to help him," Ian went back to circling jobs before speaking again. "Oh, and Mickey hates me. Again."