Wonwoo

For @jisoowonu
I hope you enjoy it!

The bell finally rang, bringing the long school day to a tiring end. Everyone stood to get up and leave.
"Excuse me!" The teacher said standing up at the front of the classroom with her hands in her hips. "The bell does not dismiss you, I do. Sit back down, all of you." She demanded. I hesitantly sat in my chair that is probably older than I am knowing my school. "Everyone make sure you finish your homework tonight. There's quite a bit to do so you may buddy up, if you please." She announced.

By instinct, I turned my head to Jeon Wonwoo, my best and only friend. Being the quiet and reserved person I am, it's hard for me to talk to people, let alone make friends. Luckily for me, Wonwoo approached me one day. We were both outcasts at the time, so when we were asked to choose partners for a project, he asked me if I would like to work together. I happily accepted and ever since, we've been friends.

"Everyone has partners? Good. You may all leave now." The teacher stated, releasing us at last. We stampeded out of the classroom and rushed to the buses.
"(Y/N)!" I heard a familiar deep voice holler from behind me. I turned around to face Wonwoo.
"Who's house are we going to? Mine or yours?"
"What?" I asked, obviously not catching on.
"For the homework."
"Oh yeah. Umm... My dad is going to be home early tonight so we're most likely going to be better off at your place." I said not wanting to have him bother us for the whole night. If he found out I had a guy friend, I would never hear the end of it.
"Okay. Are you coming home on the bus with me?"
"Yea sure."
"We better hurry then, they're about to leave." I could hear the sound of multiple engines roaring as I ran after Wonwoo.

We were the last ones to get off the bus. I was unfamiliar with where we were so I looked out the window to see rows upon rows of beautiful mansions. No wonder I've never been here, this is where all the rich people live.
"Here we are, home sweet home." The boy said as he presented his house to me. It was big, really big. It was covered in beige planks and large windows with black shingles housing the building. It had a stone walkway with a perfect garden surrounding the perimeter of the house.  I stood in awe. This seemed more like a castle or a hotel rather than a residence. It put my little, old house to shame.

"I can't believe you've never came over before." Wonwoo remarked, snapping me back into reality and out of my dream.
"I can't believe you never invited me. How rich are you?" I questioned. He chuckled.
"C'mon. You gotta see the inside." The black haired boy insisted as he pulled me by the hand.
"Oh man holy..." I was amazed, beyond amazed. How could he have hid this from me all this time?
"What do you think?"
"What do I think?! This place is the best! You have everything here! Gosh, your family must be extremely rich. Where are you parents? I want to meet them." He suddenly frowned and he looked to the spotless hardwood floor. I hit a touchy subject.
"They're um... They're gone." He muttered.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't know!"
"They're gone on a business trip." He continued. Stupid! I had to think they were dead! I am so dumb. I had to do something to cover up.
"Can you show me your room?" I attempted to change the topic.
"Sure. Follow me." I swear it was a workout traveling through that maze of a house. When we arrived at his room at long last, I was once again, astonished. Seriously, how could this place get any better?
"Please, take a seat." Wonwoo offered. I happily plopped my self down on a beanbag chair. I stared up at the ceiling and sighed. Why would Wonwoo go to a boring old public school when he could easily go to a private school if he wanted.
"Where do your and to start?" I snapped my head back at the sudden outburst. I grabbed my books out.
"You can choose."
"Alright, why don't we begin with page 156?"
"Sure."

Half an hour later, we're still working away. There's still plenty of work to do. I groaned causing Wonwoo to lift his head up to me.
"There's so much work." I complained, "Can we please take a break?"
"We should finish up first..." He tried to continue.
"Please Wonwoo-ah?" I pouted. He looked at me and placed his pencil in his book.
"Fine. Just a quick break though."
"Thank you!" Then he randomly got up and started to walk off somewhere.
"Hey, where are you going? What are we doing?"
"You'll see." He replied.