Mingyu

"Please, Y/N?"
"Fine." You answered to stop your friend from bugging you anymore.
"Yay! I'll see you there!" You mumbled under your breath. You didn't want to go to the school football game. You didn't really have that much school spirit and never enjoyed watching or even playing football.
You knew why she wanted you to go though, she was going to try to hook you up with somebody, again. You can't remember how many times she had tried and not succeed. It was embarrassing. You were just going to end up being the third wheel since she would be with her boyfriend, Leo. Maybe you could use an excuse...

"Hurry up, Y/N! We are going to be late!" You groaned.
"Do I have to go?" You coughed. "I'm not feeling... so good." You lied in a raspy voice as you forcefully coughed again.
"Yes. Come on." Your friend tugged at your arm.
"But-"
"You already said you were coming so let's go." She pushed you out the door. You groaned.
"Fine." I'm going to regret this. You thought in your head.  The shiny black Porsche pulled up in the driveway. A window rolled down.
"Hello ladies." It was Leo. Your friend walked over to him and gave him a kiss. Did they really have to do this in front of you? Your friend obviously hopped in the front seat with Leo so you sat in the backseat. He looked over at your friend.
"You look good, just like everyday." He complimented. She giggled, leaned over and pecked him on the cheek. He began to drive away. This was going to be great.

Even though the ride was only about 10 minutes, it seemed to go in forever. Your friend kept flirting with Leo and you could swear they forgot you were even there. Being the third wheel really sucked. After what felt like 3 hours you hopped out of the car. Your friend and Leo walked ahead, holding hands.
"Are you coming, Y/N?"
"You guys go ahead. I'll catch up."
"Alright." You dragged your feet up to the game. Out of all the things you agreed to, why did you choose the football game? You hated football. You hated pretty much every sport actually. There were very few you could play. When you finally reached the seats, your friend and Leo were already snuggling close and were still holding hands. Her head was rested on his shoulder and their legs couldn't be squished together and more. You sat down a seat away from them. Cheering sports fans were yelling all around you. What fun. You turned on your phone but couldn't see anything on it since the sun was too bright so you decided to watch the game. Your school team was down by a few points. You didn't really care though. You had to admit, they were pretty good especially the one taller guy. He would catch the ball every single time the quarterback would throw it at him and he would charge through the opposing team. He got quite a lot of the team's touchdowns.  You were impressed.  You couldn't help but wonder who it was.
"Y/N?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you go fetch us some popcorn?" Your friend asked gesturing for you to shoo while she stared dreamily into Leo's eyes. You rolled your eyes.
"Fine." You got up to go head towards the snack stand. You slowly made your way to the stand and reached into your pocket and brought out change to pay for the popcorn. You handed it to the person at the stand and they gave you a bag of popcorn in return. You started to head back to your seat, occasionally grabbing some popcorn for yourself. It wasn't bad. You looked down at the bag to grab some more popcorn without dropping it. You heard the yelling get louder. You presumed your team just got a touchdown until you heard your name. You looked up and saw a football player running straight at you. You gasped and started to move but he was moving too fast. You fell hard onto the ground, popcorn flying everywhere. You rubbed your head pounding from the impact. The football player was the tall one from before. He had the football tucked under his arm. He removed his helmet to reveal a very attractive guy with brown hair that was black at the roots, glowing skin and gorgeous brown eyes that you could stare into all day. Suddenly your head didn't hurt as much. He looked down at you his eyes full of concern.
"I am so sorry! Are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine." He put out his hand to help you up. You accepted his offer and he effortlessly pulled you up so that your faces were only inches apart. You took a step back and brushed popcorn off of you.
"I'm sorry I didn't see you there I guess I was just so focused on the game that I-"
"It's fine, really." You reassured.
"If there's anything I can do...."
"I'm okay."
"Are you sure because I feel really bad."
"It's all cool."
"I'll buy you a bag of popcorn to pay you for that."
"You don't have to."
"I want to." He insisted.
"Mingyu!" One of his teammates called from behind him. He turned back and nodded.
"I'll meet you here on the bleachers after the game. Okay?"
"Okay."
"Great. See you then." He ran off back into the field, pulling on his helmet. You could tell his teammates were asking him what happened. You made your way back up to your seat only to find Leo and your friend kissing. Lovely. You continued to brush off the remaining popcorn. After a little while they stopped kissing and your friend came to the realization that you had returned.
"Oh Y/N. You're back. What took you so long?" You sighed annoyed with her. They obviously weren't paying any attention.
"Hey. Where's the popcorn." You pointed to the spot on the ground where you fell. "Why is it on the grass?"
"I'll tell you later. I can see that you're busy at the moment."
"Okay sure."
"I won't need a drive back by the way."
"Fine with me." Your friend responded happy that she gets be by herself with Leo in his car. 

The game was almost at an end and your school had almost caught up. They were two points away from winning. It was going to be a close game. Number 17 from your team got another touchdown tying up the game. There was only 51 seconds left of the game and your team was still in possession of the ball. The quarterback fakes it to number 17 and passes it to Mingyu, the cute boy from before. There's now only 28 seconds on the clock. He runs faster than the defensive players and makes to! He gets the touchdown!! They won the game! You stood up and cheered. The team picked up Mingyu and carried him to the bench. Mingyu looked over at your direction and smiled. They put him down and dumped Gatorade on his head. He seemed shocked but still overjoyed.
"We are going to leave now, Y/N. You're sure you don't want a ride?" Your friend asked.
"Yea I'll be fine."
"Okay I'll see you later."

You waited for Mingyu. Where could he be? The door opened and out came Mingyu. He walked across the field and sat next to you.
"Thanks for waiting. It took a while to wash the Gatorade out of my hair." You smiled.
"I would imagine so. You're a really good football player by the way."
"Oh thank you. I have to practice a lot."
"How long have you been playing for?"
"I think this is my sixth year? Either my fifth or sixth."
"That's a long time."
"You're telling me. Hey I never caught your name."
"I'm Y/N."
"Well Y/N, it's nice to meet you, I'm Kim Mingyu, football extraordinaire." He shook your hand.
"Pleasure to meet you." You giggled and so did Mingyu.
"Do you want to get going before it gets dark."
"Oh yeah. We probably should." You walked down and started to walk down the street.
"Did you get a drive here too?" You asked.
"The whole drive together in a van."
"That must be one big van."
"You'd be surprised." There was a silence. "Who drove you?"
"My friend's boyfriend drove me and her here. She's the one who convinced me to come to the game."
"I'm glad she did." Mingyu smiled kindly at you. "Or else I wouldn't be here talking with you." He stared deeply into your eyes and you blushed. How embarrassing. You felt his hand brush against yours and when you found his hand again, you intertwined your fingers, holding his hand. Mingyu's hand was warm, soft and comforting.  You walked in silence until you reached your destination. There was really no need for words, you were just happy to be with him and holding his hand.
"We are here." Mingyu opened the door for you. You walked into the store and go to the back where the chips and popcorn are.
"What do you want?"
"I'm not sure."
"I'll get you anything."
"Hmm. Could I get this?" You pointed to a bag of one of your favourite chips.
"Of course you can." He grabbed the bag of chips, brought it to the counter and paid for it.
"Here you are." He passed you the bag.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome." You left the store and continued to walk around for a bit.
"Do you want me walk you to your house?" He asked.
"Would you?"
"Of course I would. Do you want me to?"
"If that's alright with you." You said wanting to make sure.
"It's quite all right."  He assured. You ended up holding his hand once more. The sun was just setting.
"Isn't it beautiful?" You asked.
"Yes." Mingyu agreed. You looked over at him not to see him looking at the sunset, but you. Your cheeks reddened and you looked down avoiding eye contact. He thought you were beautiful? He was just too good to be true.

You stopped when you had reached your house. You didn't want this to end. You wanted this to go on forever.
"This is it." You said at your doorstep. "Thanks again for everything, Mingyu."
"Anytime. I had fun tonight."
"Me too."
"Maybe you'd like to do this again sometime?"
"I'd love to." You replied. Mingyu grinned.
"Great. Well I guess I'll just see you around then."
"Yeah."
"Ok well bye." He waved.
"Bye." You waved back. Mingyu started to walk away. He quickly turned back and gave you a kiss on the lips. Shocked you just stood there, not knowing what to do. He pulled away and smiled.
"Bye." You stood there, dumbfounded. You were still trying to process all this. Kim Mingyu just kissed you. Best day ever.