Test

Jae pov
1 week later
"It's easy is she my baby or not?!" Chris said yelling as I gave kaylie applesauce.
"You said you didn't want to get her tested you said she's yours no matter what!" I said as I walked to our room.
"Yeah but telling her to call me uncle ain't helping that!"
"Sleeping with other h*** isn't helping either so you can shut the f*** up talking to me sir." Truth of the matter is I know who kaylie's dad is but the truth could hurt people.
"F*** you Jae!"
"You already did a**hole!"
"Man f*** this I'm out!"
"Bye! But to let you know when you get back we won't be here."
"I don't give a f***!" He said walking out I walked out the room to see kaylie crying.
"What's wrong baby?"
"Him bad." She said crying.
"I know come on let's pack a bag so we can go." I packed us a bag and put it in the car then I seen Chris pull up with a bottle of vodka in hand I went in the house. "Kay go in your room now and I'll come get you in a minute." Chris came in chugging what was left in the bottle and throwing it on the floor.
"Who's baby is that?!"
"I don't know." I said with a shaky voice.
"The f*** you don't!" He said while grabbing and punching my side.
"Don't put yo hands on me Chris I ain't Rihanna!"
"What you gone do leave me?" He said laughing punching other side.
"Nah imma fight back I ain't scared." I said as I walked up on him.
"B**** you better back up!"
"Good I'm a b**** and you a h**." He slapped me across the face I stumbled a little bit then I back handed him then I turned to try to get kaylie and he pulled my hair throwing me to the floor he kicked me in the back I got up and punched him in the throat and kicked him across his face. "Kaylie come on let's go baby!" I yelled while watching Chris when I felt kaylie grab my leg I walked out the house locking the door then putting Kay in her car seat I got in the car and locked the doors and buckled in only for Chris to break my window and choke me I scratched at his hand then I jerked the car into reverse and pulled out the driveway making him lose grip then I pulled off. I drove to August house and knocked on the door he opened the door smiling at kaylie then looking at my face he grabbed Kylie.
"What happened to your face?"
"Daddy!" Kaylie said while hugging his leg.
"No kaylie don't say that."
"Why not?" August said looking at me.
"Can we talk about this inside."
"Yeah come in." I walked in he closed the door and kaylie ran up stairs he then touched my face I winced in pain.
"What happened?"
"I got into it with Chris."
"And he put his hands on you?! Imma beat his a**!"
"Please don't yell Chris already freaked Kay out."
"He yelled around my daughter?!"
"Don't say that."
"Why?"
"That's why we got into it I didn't tell him."
"Why not Jae."
"I don't know."
"We had her tested he deserves to know she isn't his." I sighed because he's right.
"Did he hit you in front of our daughter?"
"No but he did break my window and choke me in front of her." August got mad all over again he got up and headed towards the door. "August please don't." I said pulling him back he yanked away and I fell he looked.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to come lets get you in the tub." He helped me up and we went upstairs to our old room I sat on the bed while he ran bath water I looked at the bruises on my face, neck, side, and back. He came back in the room while I had my shirt up I hurriedly put it back down so he wouldn't see the bruises only for him to pull it off again.
"I'm sorry I-I'll go get in the tub."
"No come here." He said pulling me onto his lap putting ice on my back I wanted to cry but I felt my shorts being slipped off followed by my underwear. "You know I love you and I'm waiting on your decision next week but I don't want him putting his hands on you ever again."
"I know and I think I've made my decision I want to be a family again."
"Ok." He kissed my neck and then he picked me up and took me to the bathroom he put me in the tub then he left I washed off then I thought to myself for a minute why didn't I tell him?
August pov
I sat at the door watching kaylie play with her toys she looks so happy I'm glad she's my daughter. One day Jae came over stressed out by Chris she found out he cheated with some chick at a bar in the bathroom she was upset and I didn't think anything was wrong with sleeping with her technically we where still married. We had sex and that's how Kaylie was made after she was born we got a test done on her to make sure she was mine and it came back positive. I went back to my bathroom and Jae was getting out the tub she went in my closet and grabbed some of my sweatpants and her tank top she went back in the bathroom she tried closing the door but I opened it.
"Why are you trying to close the door you never close the door."
"Yeah and I never have bruises so stop looking at me." She tried pushing the door shut but I opened it again.
"I'm want to look at you and I want to show you something."
"Ok last time you said that I got pregnant."
"Yes you did." I said licking my lips. "But nah I made a video and I wanna show you it before anyone else sees it."
"Ok I'm dressed." She said putting her hair in a high ponytail she walked out and I grabbed my phone so I can stream it to the tv and we went downstairs.
"Sit down now it's called fml giving you a heads up I also made this on your wedding day."
"Ok." She said as she sat down Indian style on the couch I sat down beside her and played the video.
*Video in mm*
"So what you think?" As soon as I asked that I felt her hand go straight across my face. "What was that for?"
"F*** my life really August if my wedding made you feel that bad you could've just said I object."
"It was just a video man d***."
"No it was a video where you gave up and hung yourself. What happens when our kids see it?" She looked at me waiting for an answer I didn't have.
"I don't know, you would've wanted me to stop your wedding instead of make this video."
"Yes, I was waiting for it anyway." She mumbled walking to the kitchen I followed her trying to understand what she meant.
"What you mean?"
"Nothing." She said opening the fridge then cabinets.
"What did you mean Jae?"
"I wanted you to object, I wanted you to fight for me, I wanted you to be there for me, for us!" She cleared here throat looking down. "There's no food and Kaylie needs to eat lunch in a minute. Kaylie come to mommy!" I looked at her but she wouldn't look at me.
"I wanted you to be happy I thought he would make you happy." Her eyes darted at me then Kaylie made her way downstairs and grabbed Jae's leg Jae picked her up and she grabbed her keys.
"Grab your keys and meet me at the car shop." She said walking out all that time I thought I was doing right by letting her go but I was hurting her. I grabbed my keys and met her at the car shop she put Kaylie's car seat in then she buckled her in and got in the front. "Go to Walmart please."
"Ok." I nodded as I drove her there she got Kaylie out the car then she gave her to me as she grabbed a basket I put Kay in it and I pushed it as she shopped. "I'm sorry."
"For what?" She said while still not looking at me.
"For not being there I just wanted to do right by you."
"I know I'm sorry for blowing up like that you wouldn't have known." She said finally looking at me while Kaylie played with my jacket. "Come on I gotta get more groceries to go in yo empty house."
"In our empty house." I corrected she smiled then I saw Chris with some chick. "Jae Chris wit some girl." Her smile disappeared then she got in front of me holding on to the basket as I still pushed. Then Chris turned around still hugging the girl while Jae and Kaylie where having a conversation. So as he looked I put my arms around Jaes waist as we stopped the basket Jae picked up some groceries then she kissed me then turned to see a heated Chris staring her in the eyes. She shrugged it off and we went back to our position then we finished up grocery shopping and headed back to the house when we got back Kaylie was sleep in the back seat so I got out the groceries while Jae took Kaylie in the house. I unpacked the food and took out some pots and pans then sat down waiting for Jae. She came downstairs studying me completely before she said anything.
"I know I'm sorry."
"No you good I don't think a store is a place to tell him that anyway I'm just hungry."
"Ok what you want?"
"Well my answer would be you, but I guess chicken Alfredo." She blushed.
"I made you that the day we first met and you came to my party." I grabbed her from behind and kissed her neck gently as she cooked.
"I know so you wanna go shopping?"
"No." She said reenacting the day we first met I got on my knees.
"Please?"
"Fine." She said smiling then I thought about something.
"Why did you get mad at me when I kissed you?"
"Dang August that was so long ago I don't remember." I tilted my head still wondering why she did it. "I guess it's because every girl at my school was sleeping with someone or pregnant at least once and I didn't wannabe that girl."
"But you would've never been that girl I wasn't trying to sleep with you."
"Yeah but kissing leads to a whole other thing especially when it's two teens in a house by themselves for a week."
"Trust me you'd know if I was trying to sleep with you." I said kissing her neck and pulling her closer to me by her waist.
"Yeah I know." She said straightening herself back to normal position.
"Good." I turned her around sitting her on the counter kissing her I lifted up her shirt being careful not to touch her bruises I kissed her neck to her stomach then I heard someone banging on the door. "Really?"
"Maybe they'll go away." They started banging again so I moved away from Jae and went to open my door to see Chris.
"Man what you want?"
"My wife and my daughter."
"Well I can't do that cause your "wife" is cooking and Lacey ain't here." I said closing the door only for him to start beating on it. I looked at Jae "you better tell him or I am." She nodded as I opened the door she walked up looking Chris in the eyes.
"Chris Kaylie isn't your daughter August is her dad I had her tested in case you asked."
"You f***ing b****." He said as he slapped her she held her face so I walked over to him and moved her out the way then I punched him in the face repeatedly until I heard Kaylie say.
"Daddy?"