FML

August pov
A year later
One year after our court date I sat third row at a wedding for my one true love and my best friend I wanna object but I can't she looks happy and is glowing who am I to take that away from her. As they kissed for the first time as husband and wife my heart broke but a I smiled and clapped anyway the only thing I can think of is our wedding day when things were good now all I can think is f*** my life. As the party was moved to another room I went in the room with everyone else tv crews and radio stations where there and asking questions.
"Mr. Alsina how does it feel that you are at your ex wife's wedding?" I looked at him with a painful look in my eyes then I went to find Jae when I found her I gave her a gift I brought her she smiled as she opened in then a frown washed over face then she looked at me.
"Thank you." She threw on a fake smile as she looked at the gift.
"What's the matter you don't like it?"
"Yeah I- I do the crown is beautiful."
"And the picture?"
"It's the one from our first date."
"Yes I thought you should have it you know um well I'll see you around bye and I wish y'all the best."
"Your not staying?"
"Um no I don't want to answer the paparazzi's question any more."
"Understand." She looked down silently and nodded in agreement with my decision as I made my way towards the door only to be flashed with cameras.
"Jae Jae when is your next album release? Are you and August having an affair?"
"This is her wedding day I brought gift and said my goodbyes so I am leaving now and so are give her a break why don't you." I said pushing them out of the doorway and closing the door firmly behind me as I pushed through everyone I ran into Chris as he looked in the direction I came from he easily got mad.
"Why where you in there with my wife?"
"I was giving her a gift I brought so I could leave."
"Whatever you stay away from my wife." He said moving out of my way but before I walk out I couldn't help but say something.
"Then make sure your wife stay away from me even though that won't happen we have four kids to take care of together two that have to be sent to college and two twins that will never call you daddy so I won't staying away from "your wife" my baby momma my first love!" I said before bumping past him to get my kids and go as I got them in the car Chris came and tapped my shoulder and tried to punch me but I easily dodged him. "What the f*** is wrong with my kids are in the car paparazzi is out here now you look like an a**hole." I said pushing him back and getting in my car driving off I looked back to check on my kids the twins looked scared. "What's wrong twins?"
"Uncle Chris tried to hurt you." They said in unison looking sad.
"It's ok we were just playing." I pulled into the braums drive thru and gave alanna a twenty and to bring me something back I sat in the car and listened to music wonder why I f***** up my life I had I beautiful women and beautiful kids if my brother was here he'd probably slap me so I started writing on a napkin I found in the car and came up with a song then the kids ran to the car lanna gave me my cone I ate it and drove. "How do y'all feel about going to my job so I can record a song?"
"Sure." They said together smiling and eating ice cream except lanna she had frozen yogurt.
"Lanna why you ain't get no ice cream?"
"I'm trying to watch my figure."
"Little girl don't get hurt watch your figure you gon watch this a** whoopin." She laughed and kept eating I pulled up to the studio and everyone got out the car we walked inside the studio and I seen pusha t so I shook his hand. "So I wrote up this song and I need someone else to do the first verse and I can do the rest."
"Yea ok." He read over the lyrics and nodded. "I like it I'll do the first verse."
"Ok great." He hoped in the booth and started laying out the verse I wrote
Then I went inside and did the rest of the song then we discussed the video then we had the kids stay in the dressing room so they wouldn't see the content of the video.
**************
When we finished the video I picked up the twins who had fell asleep and put them in the car while lanna and Austin got in we drove home. I was to keep the kids until after the honeymoon truth be told I'd rather not have been at there wedding at all it makes me feel stupid, like I lost the only woman I ever loved and ever will love I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing I seen it was from Jae.
Phone convo.
I was told not to talk to you.
August your- your mom is in the hospital.
Which one?
Mercy.
End of convo
I hung up and made a U turn and sped to mercy when we got there I went to the front desk and asked for my mothers room. "I'm sorry sir she can't have any visitors now."
"The f*** that's my moms man what room is she in?"
"I can't give you that information yet sir please take a seat!" She said in a stern voice.
"Man f*** that s*** you talking bruh where my momma?!" When I finished that sentence I felt a hand to my shoulder I looked over to see Jae. "Where my momma jae?" I said on the verge of tears. "Why she here?"
"I don't know yet she collapsed at my wedding and we rushed her here."
"F***!" I said as I walked off into the restroom why would she collapse? I can't lose my momma I can't a flash of red came over me I started punching s*** I busted a hole in the wall I went and sat back down with bloody fist and Jae seen and grabbed my hand I pulled them away. "Don't touch me." I said in a disgusted tone.
"Why are you mad at me?"
"S*** maybe if you wouldn't have invited my momma to yo f****** "wedding " she wouldn't be laying here she thought of you as a daughter and what you throw the fact that you no longer her daughter in law in her face! Good for you, you married Americas bad boy artist I know I messed up at least I admit it yo boy over there sleeping with my secretary." I was walking away when Jae grabbed my hand I yanked it away.
"Don't push me away August."
"Nah you did that on your own." I walked outside it was raining I stood in the rain thinking of what could've done to prevent this. Jae came outside with Chris she seen me and looked away immediately.
"August can I have your secretaries number?"
"I can do you one better." I said looking at my ring finger noticing my ring still on I called my secretary.
Phone convo
Grace can you bring a change of clothes to the hospital?
Yes sir be there in twenty.
Thanks.
No problem.
End of convo
"She'll be here in twenty minutes."
"You can't be happy alone can you?" Chris said irritated by my truthfulness.
"No I can but you can't be happy unless you're messing up somebody else's relationship." He balled his fist and just then grace pulled up I pulled Jae close to me as grace got out and handed me the bag of clothing. "Thank you grace." She looked over at Chris and smiled happily and hugged him Jae looked at me sadly as grace looked at me and smiled.
"This is who I wanted to tell you about August!" She said proudly hold his hand while he looked at Jaes hurt eyes then at me I could care less about it.
"How long y'all been together?" I said to get under his skin his eyes darted at me.
"Six and a half months. We're talking about buying a house." A tear fell from Jaes I she wiped it away and took the bag inside to change. "Is your wife ok August?"
"Is she Chris?" I said as I walked inside the hospital knowing where Jae would be I walked into the girls restroom hearing her soft whimpers I knocked on the door and she opened it as she whipped her eyes she stood up and looked at me threw on a fake smile and looked in the mirror and fixed her makeup and walked out with an emotionless face. I was caught by her composure how she acted like nothing ever happened and I didn't like that I grabbed her hand pulled her into the biggest stall and sat crisscross on the floor pulling her down in front of me. "Stop it now."
"Stop what?"
"This isn't you am not asking you to fight or to leave Chris I want you to be happy but it's not with Chris."
"So it's with you huh see August-" I cut her off by kissing her then I pulled away slowly seeing her eyes still closed.
"No I want you to be with whoever you want to be with and I hope you love them as much as I love you." A tear fell down my eye I quickly got up wiping it away I was losing the love of my life. I opened the door and she pulled me back in closing the door.
"How many?"
"How many what?"
"How many have women have you slept with?"
"None."
"It's been a year."
"I know I just throw myself into work and the kids." I said while looking in her eyes she bit her lip and she kissed me again and I pushed her she looked confused. "I can't you married and I'm trying to wing myself off of you."
"Don't I love you." I closed my eyes ignoring what she said.
"Jae I'm serious I can't."
"August you turn me down right now I'm not coming back I swear."
"Jae trust me I want you back but these things take time I want it to be right alright."
"Yeah I see you really have changed?"
"Yeah a year alone can change a man." I said looking down while again fixed her lipstick. "So what are you gonna do?"
"Give me two weeks to choose."
"I can respect that." I walked out of the bathroom and into the waiting room and I asked the receptionist "where's my mom?" She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Awe man ain't nobody ask for yo attitude I just want my moms room number."
"Whatever she in room D307."
"Thank you." I said as I walked away looking for the room I seen Jae come out the bathroom I grabbed her hand and took her with me. We got to my moms room and she was laying there her doctor was flirting with a nurse. "Excuse me is my mom ok while you over there trying to get some a**."
"She's resting sir you can go in." He said turning back to the nurse we walked into the room I stared at her body hoping she opens her eyes I started to cry Jae held my hand then I herd a soft voice.
"I must have been in a coma for you two to be back together." I wiped my tears as Jae smiled looking at me and saying.
"No just a few hours but we're working on it."