Chapter 16 Part two: the charity ball

Unedited

***

I hear a car come to a stop in front of my door, I look out of the window and see that it's James' car. He steps out and starts walking towards the front door.

I nervously smooth down my dress, and I check my make-up one last time in the mirror. I'm waring a dress covered in black lace, with black strappy Louboutin heels. And simple elegant make-up. I pick up my clutch and check if I have everything, lipstick check yess, okay I have everything.

I hear the doorbell ring and I wait for a little bit, to just have him wait. I walk towards the door, my heels clicking on the hard wood floor.

I open up the door and in front of me stands James in an amazing black suit with a white button up. When he sees me his mouth falls open he eyes me up and down, "You look absolutely fucking amazing." He says with his mouth still hanging open.

"Thanks you don't look to bad yourself either." I say "Now close your mouth or you're going to catch flies." I thought long and hard and before we got to the party I think we should clarify some stuff, I take a deep breath and step outside with James, closing and locking the door behind me.

James holds open the door for me like a real gentleman, I greed the driver and slide in further making room for James. He slides in the car, but keeps his distance from me, signalling me that something is also off from his side. This makes me a little bit more on ease.

"I need to talk to-" We both say in unison, if my mind wasn't occupied with other things I might would have thought it was cute, but not now.

"You first" James says signalling me with his hand.

"Well I've wanted to tell you this for a while now, I just didn't find the right moment. And I need to get this off my chest before we arrive at the event." I say pausing to catch my breath.

"Okay." James says urging me to continue

"Idon'tthinkI'movermykindoffex, andidon'tthinkI'mreadytogetinarelationshipjustyet." I say in one breath letting it all out, a huge weight gets lifted off my shoulder. But off course James did not catch anything off that at all. He looks at me with an amused and adorable confused look.

"Okay I'm sorry I'm not ready to get into a relationship on the moment right now, I'm still kind off hung up on my kind off ex. It's a really difficult story, I don't want to get into the details. It's just complicated."

"Well I'm glad you told me this because I kind off missed the spark in between us, the friends part is amazing, but when it comes to the physical part it's just not there." James says.

"Well okay, just friends then?" I ask

"Yeah I think that's the smartest thing to do I think, we just need to get through this night like a 'couple'"

"I think that will be manageable don't you think?" And just as I say that we turn up the drive way off the huge mansion that hosts the party.

We drive up to the red carpet and stop right in front off it, James looks at me trying to reassure me. Although the windows are tinted so people can't look inside I can still see the many flashes of the cameras of the pappz.

James holds out his hand for me to grab and I hold on to it. Like it's my lifeline and I guess it kinda is.

James opens the door of the car and steps out onto the red carpet. He helps me out of the car and immediately cameras are flashing every where not wanting to miss this moment.

"James O'Donnell is this the mystery girl from the restaurant?" I hear a reporter ask

Everywhere around me I hear James' name being called, reporters trying to get James to answer some of their questions. The security is straining to keep them on a save distance from us. This is intense.