chapter 13

Edited

***

Lotte's P.O.V.

I have settled in completely in in New York, in the beginning I was anxious, afraid I would run into Oliver or any of his friends but I have been lucky and I haven't seen him. Although I can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched. It wouldn't surprise me if Oliver had one of his little lap dogs following me around. That's how I started calling them since they do almost everything for him.

Just like any other day I went to work by 9 in the morning, it had been about 2 months since I started working here. And I love it, the pay is amazing and I'm managing my bills and even paying of some of my college debt that I have. Thank god for my parents, because I don't have that big of debts but they are still there. I also support my sister a little bit because she's still in college studying art and she doesn't earn that much with selling paintings.

I walked into the huge building that two months ago was so intimidating, but now I grew accustomed, to it. I walk up to the elevator greeting my friend Evelyn on the way, she's the receptionist and I made friends with her after a view weeks when I came in soaking because of the rain and she got me some spare clothes.

"Hold the elevator" I hear somebody yell.

Without looking up from my phone, while busy texting I put my hand in between the closing the door, stopping them from closing.

And in walks somebody. The elevator doors close and I look up from my phone, there are only two people in the elevator, me and nobody else then the flying fucking CEO of this company James Hallyway.

His smirking at me with his famous player smirk, "Ahh miss Heide, finally able to put your boyfriend away." Mister Hallyway says, I look at him my mouth hanging slightly ajar.

"Why would you care?" I say, regretting my comment immediately. I definitely overstepped my boundary there.

"I'm sorry sir I shouldn't have said that, that was unprofessional."

"You are forgiven, miss Heide." He says still with a smirk on your face. "But you should watch out miss Heide when you text your boyfriend, you could get into an accident if you don't watch out."

I see on the screen that shows which floor we're on that we're almost on my floor.

"Well Mister Hallyway, I don't think that will happen very soon, seeing that I do not have a boyfriend." And just as I say that the elevator doors showing my floor. I started to walk out of the elevator. And I could have sworn that I heard Mister Hallyway say good, weird. Why would it be good to him that I don't have a boyfriend?

***

My day was though, I was completely drained from work. Just as I was about to walk out of the door, I hear my name being called out by somebody. I turn around and see mister Hallyway standing there. He looks good in his suit but I bet he doesn't look as good as Oliver looks in a suit although I have never seen him in a suit. I have to stop comparing everybody to Oliver or I will never get over him, yeah that's right I'm hung up on a fucking one night stand.

I magically make a smile appear on my face, and I just now that mister Hallyway will immediately see that it is fake but I don't care, I was on my way towards my bus stop hoping to catch my bus before I'm too late.

"I was wondering if you needed a lift, I noticed you got here by bus. And I thought you might need a lift towards your place." He rambles of quickly. I start to pound my head for a good excuse but then I see my bus driving away, and why the hell not actually.

"I mean if you want to of course." He start to nervously ramble again OMG is mister Hallyway nervous, I chuckle softly so he wouldn't hear. I immediately think that Oliver would have heard my. I scowl myself and before I can even start to stop my own body I say the bloody damn words.