nature : chapter twenty-six

Start from the beginning

Reece smiled, thankful Claire liked him, before they headed to the kitchen to make drinks. "So how have you been?" Claire asked.

"I'm good." Reece smiled, "can I ask you a question though?"

"Sure."

"Do Calum and Michael still hate me for leaving Luke?" Reece asked.

"I don't think so but I wasn't here when it happened, I met them all when they were twenty." She explained. "And if Luke got over it, they did too."

"What about Ashton? Does he hate me still?" Reece asked.

Claire shrugged, "you'll have to ask him yourself."

Reece sighed before they took the drinks in to the living room where the three boys sat, making themselves at home.

It was ten minutes or so later when the moving truck arrive, getting there fifteen minutes early. The boys started to get the boxes out, Reece opening up the garage where his car was still waiting, putting some of the boxers in there while the needed stuff went inside.

Reece signed for the things by the driver, who was some young kid, "thank you." Reece smiled.

The guy nodded, "need more help?"

"No I think we've got it." Reece said, "but thank you."

Reece walked over to Claire, standing by the garage and watching the boys put the boxes down.

Reece saw Ashton helping Michael with a box, telling him not to carry anything too heavy. Reece smiled, "you two are really cute together." He said honestly.

Michael blushed at his words, "thanks."

But Ashton scoffed, rolling his eyes making Reece frown. Claire and Calum quickly made their way from the impending argument. Reece sighed, "Ash I'm serious, I'm happy for you."

Ashton turned to Reece, "Whatever I'm finally getting a forever with someone, and I love Mike, you've got Luke."

"I know, I love Luke." Reece said, Michael giving him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, I'm allowed to be happy for you aren't you?"

Ashton sighed, "I'm sorry." He said, glancing at Michael before going towards Reece. "I want us to start over and be friends. It'll be healthy for the kids and for Mike and Luke's friendship."

Reece smiled, "friends?"

"Friends." Ashton grinned before hugging Reece, laughing lightly as Reece's bump hit his stomach. "You're really big now."

"Yeah, they're growing fast." Reece smiled.

Michael came over to the pair, "I'm still mad." Muchael said, "but Luke got over it so I can too. Calum agrees with me, we both decided to let it go when Luke did. We just want Luke happy in the end."

Reece smiled, "thank you."

Then Michael hugged Reece tightly, moving his lips to Reece's ear. "Do I have permission to start a family with Ash?"

Reece laughed, "of course."

They pulled away from the hug before everyone went back to unloading the boxes from the truck. Once it was almost empty, Luke's car pulled up and the kids climbed out of the car. The kids all ran inside, Cory yelling a hello to the older men before running inside.

Luke laughed walking over to his boyfriend, putting an arm around his waist, "you alright?" He asked, kissing his cheek.

"Mhm, my back hurts though," Reece mumbled.