2. Zoro | You Can Trust Me

Re-edited: 7/6/17
Enjoy *Rick from Rick and Morty voice* BIISSHH

2. Zoro- You a Can Trust Me
You repeatedly, aggressively poked the cheek of the midori hair coloured man before you, only earning a slight, exasperated grunt.

From the day you joined the Strawhats- well, Luffy wouldn't accept your refusal and dragged you onboard—you had always been intrigued by the swordman: Roronoa Zoro.

He was a mysterious man, introverted, the type to not get too close to anybody. But, it was only motivating for you, for, you planned to break down those walls even though you were now attempting for the thousandth time, and truth be honest—you were running out of patience.

"Why are you so reserved?" You mumbled, as you poked deeper into the man's sharp and stone like jawline.

"I don't know what you mean." He mumbled not bothering to look in your direction, it was like you weren't even poking him. Zoro's tolerance for your antics and shenanigans was big, for you that is.

"Why do you never open up? Why do you sort of- um," you searched your vocabulary trying to explain what you meant. "Isolate yourself. You conceal your emotions why is tha-"

"What I want to know is.." Removing his gaze from the dark blue, starry sky above, Zoro sat up and faced you. His head seemed to inch closer towards your own, his cool breathe mixing with yours. Zoro's functioning eye trapped you in an intense, somewhat intimate gaze. Your face began to heat up, that is until— "WHY ARE YOU STILL AWAKE WOMAN?!" He yelled ruining the moment.

But his question wasn't unintelligent. He was right, you should have been asleep. It was a little over halfway through the night, everyone had already been asleep, however it was Zoro's turn for night watch. But for you, it was an opportunity for you to get him to open up, or something! Anything!

"I'm awake because of you, why won't you open up to me?" You retorted, but not as loud, in fear of awakening the sleeping beast that was Nami.

"WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?!" He asked as a red vein popped out of his forehead. As you eyed him, something flashed in his eyes, an unidentifiable emotion that he quickly covered. It didn't go unnoticed to you, and in the heat of the moment you revealed the truth.

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!" You covered your mouth at the realisation of what you had just said, and memories of the past flooded your memory.

Memories of your best friend giving into depression, how he was just like Zoro. So secretive, mysterious, reserved. He never told you how he was feeling and one day you visited his home to find him covered in blood. Dead. And you never even realised how he was feeling.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a look of shock from the marimo, but it was soon replaced with a smug smirk as he looked out to the sea before the both of you. You eyed the man as silence crept up between you both, only the wind breathing in your faces was heard, but it was after a couple minutes of complete silence, not awkward or anything, just silence. You began to get up, you had finally given up.

"I'm going to sleep, good night." You said worn out and a little sad. "Just.. Don't ever do anything stupid." You dusted yourself off, a glare on your face.

"I have never been the type to speak about myself." You stopped dead in your tracks. Is this it?

"Since childhood, I've had to be independent. My parents mysteriously disappeared when I was a child, and I had to work to survive. And-" he choked on the word. His voice became hoarse and croaky.