.03

When me and Josh finished filming, I turned off my camera and went to move my microphone so I could start editing.
However, when I moved my hand, the microphone slid and crashed onto the floor.
'Christ!' I yelled, moving my foot just at the last minute. Luckily, it missed, but when I picked the mic back up there was a huge crack right down the middle.
Suddenly, the door flew open.
'Simon? You okay?'
I looked up at JJ, his eyes searching quickly round the room.
'Calm, Jide, I'm good. My mic, though...' I held the broken mic up to him and he shook his head.
'Did you drop it?' he asked. I nodded. He sighed, and I felt my eyes heat up with tears.
'Oi, don't cry- I know you didn't mean to.'
'I feel like a fucking six year old.' I mumbled as he pulled me up from my chair into a hug.
'Simon... No one expects you to be fully okay, not after... you know...'
'Thanks, JJ.' I said quietly into his shoulder.
He prised the microphone from my hands.
'Borrow mine till you cop a new one, yeah?'
I nodded, and smiled.
'Thanks.'
He bit his tongue, as if he was about to speak, but instead he just nodded slowly and left.
I pushed a hand to my heart, still beating in shock from the mic, and sat back down to edit.
If no one expected me to be 'better', why was I being so hard on myself?

~~
bets on what the 'accident' was? eek