.07

'JJ and Vik are coming in half an hour. I told them you're here.' he whispered in my ear. The music from behind the door pulsated through the floorboards and into my bones, resounding with my heart beat.
'You can do it.'
The door opened and Cal was stood in a crisp white shirt.
He beamed at me, obviously slightly buzzed from the drink.
'Simon! Josh!' he yelled as he pulled me into a hug.
It wasn't a Josh hug, but I knew deep down I could trust Cal, so I hugged him back.
'So glad you're here, come in- drink!'
I followed Josh, looking around at the people at the party.
Josh was right, I recognised everyone there.
Ethan was over by the table where all the drinks were, and he smiled when I walked over with Josh.
'There you are!' he bellowed, smacking Josh's back.
'Simon, I've not seen you in ages!' I looked nervously at Josh and then I smiled at Ethan.
'I know, man. Too long!' I replied. He poured me a drink, red bull and vodka, but I turned it away.
'Maybe later?' I yelled over the music. He looked shocked, but when he saw the warning look on Josh's face, he nodded and passed me a can of coke instead.
'Manny is over there- he's been asking after you.'
I thanked him, and hugged him tightly, before nodding at Josh and walking over to the shorter boy stood in the corner of the lounge.
'Hey!' I yelled, settling against the wall next to him.
'Yo, Simon!' he looked nervous, as if scared to say something wrong.
'Got your shin pads?' I asked weakly with a grin. His face broke out into a delighted smile and he laughed with me.
'How've you been?' he asked. The light from the room didn't quite reach our corner, so he didn't see me flinch.
'Good.'
'Look, Simon, I know that it must be hard-'
'Manny. Not now.'
The music seemed to get louder in my ears, the people around me growing taller and closing round me. I felt trapped.
'No, Simon, talk to me-'
'Not now!' I yelled.
I felt my heart start to beat faster and my ribs begin to constrict my chest.
'Josh?' I yelled as I moved quickly away from the corner.
I looked searchingly around the room and flung an arm out as all the lights dimmed. A lamp next to me fell and shattered, the noise only adding to the crescendo of the dance music around me.
'Josh?!'

~~
on a lighter note
i implore you all go read one of my new favourite books because there are so many cute dog pictures (and I guess ministar is cute too) by sdmnbog because lord it's amazing
and like you will not be disappointed