Chapter 4

Minho went to the library and noticed Taemin was there. He had his head hidden in his arms as he laid his head on the table.

Minho sat next to him. "Hey Taemin, do you want to study together?"

Taemin didn't answer. Minho could tell he was crying as he heard soft sniffles. He frowned and rubbed the younger boy's back.

Taemin sat up and pushed Minho away. "Just leave me alone!"

"I won't. You need a friend." Minho said, hugging him.

Taemin froze, not sure what to do. "Why? Why are you being nice to me? I don't want to be your friend. I don't need a friend."

"I want to be your friend. I'll protect you." Minho said. The bell rung for lunch. "We should sit together."

Taemin shook his head. "I can't."

"Why not?" Minho asked.

"Because I get bullied." Taemin answered.

"Well, no one will bully you now."

Taemin looked at Minho. "Why are you being nice to me?"

"Because you're a cool person." Minho smiled. "Let's go eat."

Taemin looked at his hands. "I'm not cool. I'm not like you. I'm poor and useless."

"Just because you're not rich, doesn't mean you're not like me. You work hard in school like me." Minho pointed out. "We should stay after school to study."

Taemin nodded. "Okay...wait, no, I can't."

"Well then, what about tomorrow?"

Taemin looked at his hands. "I can't. I have to go home."

"Oh, what about during PE?" Minho asked.

Taemin shrugged. "I guess."

Minho smiled. "Cool, lets go eat!"

Taemin nodded. "Okay," He walked with Minho to lunch. Once they got there, they stood in line and scanned their ID cards. Jonghyun and Key were sitting at the table. Taemin froze in fear.

Taemin was carrying Minho's plate. Minho sat down. "Come on, Taemin."

Taemin set Minho's plate in front of him. He looked at Key and Jonghyun, shaking. "Actually, I have to go talk to a teacher."

"No, Taemin, sit with me." Minho said. "I want to talk to you."

Taemin sat down timidly. He stayed close to Minho.

Jonghyun glared at him. "Why is he sitting with us?"

"I'm done." Key said and left.

Jonghyun huffed. "I am too." He followed Key out.

People were staring at Taemin. Taemin could feel glares on him and he felt really uncomfortable.

Minho rolled his eyes. "What classes do you have?"

"Um...dance...science....english with you...PE with you..." Taemin said. "I also have Math."

"I never knew you had classes with me."

Taemin shrugged. "I'm always in the back."

"I guess I don't pay attention." Minho sighed.

Taemin looked at his hands. "You never do. You're blind most of the time. You only focus on soccer."

"Well, I can't now." Minho frowned.

Taemin frowned. "I'm sorry. You'll heal soon though, then you can go back."