Chapter Fourteen: Together Again

⊰ Together Again ⊱

Walking through the school hallways, trotting aimlessly around every crook and nook of each building of the school, waiting for her troublesome boyfriend to be dismissed from detention. Natsu said that it would probably take half an hour since he slept through the entire lesson for half an hour; obviously making up the time he slept through.

"That idiot sleepy head." Lucy rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. She reached up to adjust her blue ribbon on her hair, trying to fix her hair. After all, she had to blame the fact that she has gym class as her last period. She cringed, knowing that she must've reeked with B.O.

"Damn, I need a shower." Lucy blushed, shamefully trying to look down at her school outfit, hoping there weren't any sweat stains. She realized how lonesome she looked, walking around the school hallways, so she decided to just wait outside.

Lucy eventually exited the Art building and searched for a nearby bench to sit on. She smiled, finally finding a bench that was under a tree, orange and yellow leaves falling onto the bench. She used her hand to swipe away the leaves and plopped herself down onto the seat, placing her school bag next to her.

She reached into the pockets of her school bag and took out her phone. She unlocked her phone and noticed three text messages from Natsu. The first one read: Sorry again, Luce. :,( which made Lucy chuckle. The second one read: Detention is in the Science and Engineering building (Rooms 400-451) as the third one said: To make it up for you, I'll make sure to walk to where you're at. ;)

Lucy snorted and replied back to his messages, saying, I'll be waiting near the Art building. I'm sitting on a blue bench under a tree. Xoxo Lucy was soon about to shut her phone until Natsu began to type back. Lucy waited for his reply, which said, I'll be sure to kiss you <3

Lucy let out a breathy laugh and decided to end the conversation there, making sure that Natsu doesn't get caught texting her during the middle of detention. She's surprised he was able to sneakily text her during the middle of detention. Honestly, she thinks that's the sweetest sacrifice Natsu has done.

She then moved her gaze from her phone screen on her hands to the faded blue sky. She watched the afternoon wind blow the Fall's dust as leaves danced below her gaze, sound of crunching leaves ringing her ears. She saw a few students coming out of the buildings either from clubs or a sport.

She couldn't help but smile at how involved the students are with the school. She wished she could join a sport or a club, but she feels like she's already part of the school. Perhaps her friends make it feel like home at Fairy Tail Academy. A nostalgic grin plastered her lips as images of her closest friends appeared into her mind.

Her heart mostly raced thinking about Natsu, especially since he's the closest person she's been with. But despite who is closer than who, all her friends, even Natsu, are what she calls her home or her second family. Though, thinking about her friends just makes her feel guilty again of how Gray decided to leave the group.

She misses Gray, even if he broke her heart, he was still a best friend to Lucy anyway, and to the rest of the gang as well—mostly to Juvia. Generally, Gray was a person who made sure everyone was happy with who and what they love the most. Lucy can definitely tell why Juvia has fallen for Gray; Gray is a really sweet person.

A smile crept upon herself as her eyes pondered over the dead leaves. A pair of school shoes appeared below her gaze, crunching the brown leaves into portions. Her pensive look dismissing into a curious gaze as she slowly brung her head to look at Juvia, that stood apologetically in front of her.