Chapter Seven: Cloudy Days

⊰ Cloudy Days ⊱

Lucy slammed her fist on the alarm clock, hoping she didn't break the snooze button. She looked at the time and it said 6:15. She rubbed her left eye with her left hand and looked out of her window, watching as the summer breeze blew away flower petals. She groaned groggily, shuffling to her bathroom. She looked in the mirror and thought her messy bed hair looked great. But it's not going to impress Gray, so she just combed her hair anyways.

She then spread out the wrinkles of her knee length night dress and walked downstairs to hr kitchen. She cooked poached eggs and bacon for breakfast, hoping it will give her the energy she needs. She heard a knock on the door and rolled her eyes.

"Coming!" She yelled. She ran with her bare feet on her wood plank floor. She stood on her tippy toes looking through the hole of the door. It was Gray. She smiled and opened the door wide for him to enter.

"Oh good morning, Gray!" She beamed. He smiled slightly and nodded. Lucy's smile faded as she closed the door.

"You look cute in your night dress." He sat his school bag on a chair across from Lucy's and sat down on his seat, picking at Lucy's food, eating portions of it.

"First of all, I was about to dress up, until you came in. Second, I was just about to eat that." She pouted with an angry blush. Gray let out a light chuckle and started to munch on another bacon, "Didn't you have breakfast?"

"Maybe." He swallowed a bite. She smiled and walked upstairs to her room to change into her uniform clothes. Once she was done, she went back downstairs to find her plate with nothing for her to eat. She gaped and stared at Gray who burped and patted his stomach.

"Ah. You're a great cook, Lucy. You'd make a great wife." He complimented. Lucy blushed and smiled.

"Really? You think so?" She fiddled with her hair shyly. Gray stared at Lucy for awhile and sighed.

"Hey Lucy, how about we walk now." He gestured towards the clock. Lucy looked at the clock and nodded. She grabbed her school bag from her coat hanger and ran out the door, along with Gray. While they were walking, Lucy shouldn't help but notice how grim his expression was. She didn't like the look of it and considered it was something it should be worried about.

"Gray—"

"Lucy, we need to talk." He interrupted. Lucy began to feel nervous, and anxious about what he was going to say. She gulped and looked down at her fidgeting thumbs.

"Sure, what about?" She mumbled. She knew it was something bad, and she didn't like the sound of his tone.

"It's about you and Natsu." He said. This made Lucy widened her eyes. Her heart began to beat rapidly. What is he talking about?

"What about me and Natsu?" She asked.

"You guys seem...too close." He looked away, trying to avoid eye contact. Lucy clenched her teeth.

"So? Is that a problem?" She almost lost it.

"Yes it is. I want you to stay away from him from now on. He's getting in the way of our relationship." He grunted.

"Gray, he's my best friend. Our best friend. Why would you want us to be part from one another? It's not fair for us, nor Natsu." She argued.