Chapter One: Stone Hearted

⊰ Stone Hearted ⊱

Today was the day. The day of my parents' funeral. I stared at my parents' dead bodies as they lay in the coffins. For some reason, I didn't have the urge to cry, but deep down I felt something. I felt loneliness, depression, and grief. People that attended the funeral were most of my friends, and most of my relatives.

Some of my relatives did cry during the funeral, while my friends felt sorry for their deaths. They never talked to me during the funeral, because they knew that I should be left alone, to cool down. I didn't really felt like saying a speech, because it hurts me inside just to talk about my mom and dad, since they passed away; onto a new life.

So instead, I stayed outside the church, sitting on the steps, as the raindrops dropped heavily on me, not caring if I get soaked. I began to think about the good memories I had with them, and how I felt so happy with them by my side. All of a sudden, I heard the door behind me, creak and shut, not bothering to turn around and see who it was.

"Lucy," the person said with a low voice, making me take a glance at the person, who then sat next to me. It was Gray Fullbuster, who wore a black tuxedo, which eventually became wet because of the rain. He was from my school, and one of my closest friends. He sighed and looked at me, as my soaked bangs covered my eyes, "You need some company?"

"I'm fine, thank you." I said with reassurance. He furrowed his brow, and sighed once more.

"I was wondering why you didn't bother to say a speech during the speeches, so I thought something was up," he said glancing up at the sky, closing his eyes, as drops of water splashed lightly onto his face, "You want to talk about it?" He asked, causing complete dead silence.

"Gray?" I said softly making him perk up, "Why don't I feel like crying? Is that wrong? Am I normal or am I stone hearted?" I said in a quiet voice. Gray looked at me and back at the sky. I waited for a response, but I suddenly felt cold hands on mine. I looked at Gray's eyes, as we stared at each other.

"You're not heartless, it just means you moved on quickly, and that the feelings that you let spill get wasted. Even though you try to avoid and control them, it doesn't mean you don't want to show your weakness, it just means that you want to stay strong," he said making my eyes widen. We sat there staring at each other for another two minutes as drops of rain kept dripping and dropping. The sounds of water splashing gently, somehow calmed and relaxed us both. I instinctively squeezed his wet hand softly as my lips managed to twitch, eventually the corners of it curved.

He smiled at me, "Come on, let's go back inside," he said as he got up before me and we entered the church. After two more hours listening to more speeches, the funeral came to an end. Everyone took out their umbrellas and proceeded on going home. Though, I didn't know it was going to rain, so I didn't bring an umbrella.

Instead I grabbed my black coat and raised it up above my head, as I started to head home. Quickly, someone grabbed ahold of my shoulder, making me peek at the side of my face. Somewhere inside my heart, I began to flutter, knowing it was Gray. He smiled as he held his umbrella.

"Mind if I walk you home?" He asked, making me giggle.

"Be my guest." I joked, as we walked towards my house. The whole time we walked wasn't that awkward, it kind of felt, comfortable. I feel like I can tell him anything. As we arrived to my front porch, I said my goodbyes and he said his. I slowly slid my back on the door, after entering the house. I held my hands towards my chest, feeling my heart beat. It was beating, very fast.

I smiled. A smile that I manage to hide from Gray. I then changed into my night clothes and tucked into bed and slept for the night. For some strange reason, I attained on sleeping for the night. Usually I would be morose at the fact my parents weren't here anymore, in the house, whilst it's just me, living all by myself; all alone. I didn't sulk the whole night, like last time, but instead, I slept peacefully, and smiling.

Lucy has faced the greatest outcome of her life, which was the death of both of her parents. Though Gray was able to comfort her and stress out her grieved feelings. In the end, she finally smiles throughout Gray's efforts of trying to see her smile, however, he wasn't able to see that smile of hers. Will he have the ability to see it this time? Find out what happens next on the next chapter, Chapter Two: Her Beautiful Smile