• { Chapter 42 } •

Start from the beginning

I started brushing my teeth and head footsteps getting closer and heard his voice.

"Are you guys done?" Matthew asked, as I finished brushing my teeth and wiping my face. I stepped out of the bathroom feeling fresh as new and saw Matthew standing there with his bed hair and messy clothes looking like he just woke up.

I hummed in response and heard him mutter "okay" as all of us walked out towards the stairs and towards the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me last night that I'm gonna start training?" I asked curiously. Matthew turned around for a short second coming in contact with his brown time taking eyes.

"I don't know" he simply said and shrugged his shoulders. Did I do something? I looked at Toby beside me giving him a questioning glance and in return he just shrugged.

As I kept thinking about it, questions kept coming over and over again. I just can't help it but ask.

"By why now?" I asked a little louder in frustration. None of them replied as we continued going our way towards the kitchen where the table is already prepared with our dishes.

We all took our seats and all of a sudden I saw a cockroach beside my fork making me scream in fright immediately placing my heart on my chest to slow down the fast loud thumping of my heart against my chest.

"Are you alright?" Matthew asked beside me in worry as I can see a crease in between his eyebrows.

I stared at the cockroach a second longer and realized that it was a fucking fake cockroach.

"What the fuck?! It's fake!" I exclaimed angrily, I extended my hand and grabbed it feeling the rough hard texture.

I heard a laughter erupt from above my head, snapping my gaze up to Toby laughing like a dying deer while clutching on his stomach.

"You did this?" I asked tauntingly.

"No but I know who" Toby gasped out his breath as he said so.

"Who?" I asked tauntingly in anger as my voice deepens yet a slight humor laced in it.

"Little Annika herself" He said with a smile plastered on his face.

"Surprise!" I heard a feminine voice coming from under the table as a chirpy Annika popped out with her hands raised like jazz hands and a smile of mischief on her face.

"You little shit, that literally made my heart stop" I laughed sinisterly looking ip for a while and going back to Annika with a you're-dead look.

"So is that my cue to run?" Annika asked nervously as she pointed to either side.

"Yup" Matthew and Toby said in sync, as she started running I started running as well as her as my chosen victim.

"Hey!" I yelled out with stamina in my body as my legs kept pushing and pushing watching as her retreating back move farther.

Sounds of deep laughter was heard behind us as the boys watches us in amusement.

I started panting out of breath and I suddenly felt like my shirt was being grabbed in someone's hand as my fret hover above the floor and same time goes with Annika.

"Put us down!" Annika whined, trying to look behind her and taking a peak of the intruder.

"You guys are being too noisy early in the morning" Clark said as he groaned in annoyance.

"Humph" Annika and I said and crossed our arms with frowns on our faces.

As we are being dragged back to the table, some pack member who unfortunately happen to pass by were laughing or having that knowingly grin.

"Help!" I yelled out calling out for someone to let this person to let go of me.

My eyes landed on the former spot where the fake cockroach was but then I found it dangling in Matthew's hand looking like he's looking at it a little closer and I heard him whisper "it really looks like a cockroach" Toby nodded in agreement as he is also consumed by it.

"You do know that you guys aren't helping at all, do you?" I asked annoyingly.

"Yup" they both said in unison as they took their attention away from the toy and placed it somewhere to sit down on their seats.

As someone pulls out two chairs in front of us, and pushed us down on our own seats, me beside Matthew and Annika on the edge of the table.

"Now you guys can shut up for the morning's sake" Clark said as he took his place beside Matthew.

"Fine" I pouted and started diving into the food.

------------------

HEYYY GUYSSS LONG TIME NO TALK! IM NOT IN THE HOSPITAL ANYMORE AND IM CURED YAYYY AND HERE'S THE CHAPTER YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! HOPE YOU LIKED IT BYEEE