• { Chapter 16 } •

Dalia's POV

Today is a Saturday, so no school, no torture.

I stretched out my arms before suppressing out a yawn.

I did my daily morning routine, but instead I picked out my clothes for my work out.

As soon as I went down, there is no food on the table so Claire isn't even awake yet.

I started jogging around my village while listening to New Romantics by Taylor Swift

We're all bored, we're all so tired of everything
We wait for trains that just aren't coming
We show off our different scarlet letters—
Trust me, mine is better

We're so young but we're on the road to ruin
We play dumb but we know exactly what we're doing
We cry tears of mascara in the bathroom
Honey, life is just a classroom

'Cause, baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream

Baby, we're the new romantics
Come on, come along with me
Heart break is the national anthem
We sing it proudly
We are too busy dancing
To get knocked off our feet
Baby, we're the new romantics
The best people in life are free

We're all here, the lights and noise are blinding
We hang back, it's all in the timing
It's poker, he can't see it in my face
But I'm about to play my Ace

We need love, but all we want is danger
We team up then switch sides like a record changer
The rumors are terrible and cruel
But, honey, most of them are true

'Cause, baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream

Baby, we're the new romantics
Come on, come along with me
Heart break is the national anthem
We sing it proudly
We are too busy dancing
To get knocked off our feet
Baby, we're the new romantics
The best people in life are free

So come on, come along with me
The best people in life are free

Please take my hand and
Please take me dancing and
Please leave me stranded,
It's so romantic

'Cause, baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream

'Cause, baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream

Baby, we're the new romantics
Come on, come along with me
Heart break is the national anthem
We sing it proudly
We are too busy dancing
To get knocked off our feet
Baby, we're the new romantics
The best people in life are free

As the song ended, I happen to pass by the woods where I met the wolf.

'Probably I can take a rest nearby the falls, there's no harm....right?'

I shrugged off the last part, decided that I will just take a nap nearby the falls.

As I reached the falls, I laid my back down slowly on the tree, admiring how the sky shines, some fireflies flying, and somehow the falls is glowing.

As time flew by, my eye lids starts to feel heavy. My eyes slowly begin to drop, then I fell into a deep slumber.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When I beginning to wake up, I felt something moist nudge my arm.

As soon as my eyes opened, I looked at my arm.

To see the wolf once again laying down beside me, while nudging me with it's nose.

I smiled to it and started petting its head. When I was petting his head, I think I saw the wolf....grin? I think I'm just being delusional.

The wolf purred and cuddled closer to me. I looked at the sky to see no signs of the sun coming yet.

I didn't know what to do, till a fee seconds after. An idea came to mind, so I looked down at my wolf and nudged him. As he looked up, realization hit me like I'm struck with lightning.

"Mhm....what should I call you?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Arnel?" I suggested, the wolf shook his head in a no hell to the no no way.

"Pizza?" I suggested, the wolf shook his head again in a no no way, again.

"Max?" I suggested, he shook his head again as a sign of no.

"Leo?" I suggested, that's a nice name. He shook his head frantically in a yes to the yes way.

"Ok then! Leo it is!" I said cheerfully. In response, the wolf rolled over and popped out his tongue.

I chuckled softly at the wolf's adorableness. I began to scratch his stomach and play with his bent legs playfully, while it purred in delight.

"You're so cute" I said softly, the wolf might have heard it cause his ears perked up. He licked my arm, cuddling closer. I laughed a little, cause it tickles.

I pushed the wolf away to stand up. When I stood up, the wold whimpered. I crouched down till I am leveled with the dog.

"Wanna play?" I asked softly while playing with his ear.

It glanced at me, I can see excitement evident in his eyes as he is jumping around playfully with his tongue popped out, he barked out.

"Catch me if you can!" I yelled out while running to whoever knows where. I heard the wolf barked, before I heard the crunching of leaves.

When I looked back, I saw that he was catching up. I sped up a little, all of a sudden, there was a heavy weight on top of me as I fell.

I giggled like a little cute child that got her favorite ice cream in a park.

I looked up at the wolf, running my hands through his fur. I stared at his beautiful and heart stopping eyes for a long time.

The tension broke when he started licking my face. 

I was laughing so hard, I was clutching my stomach, I was getting teary eyed. It's all because of Leo, oh dear. HELP.

"St- sto- sto- stop" I was stuttering from my crazy laughter that I'm currently expressing so bad right now.

After for like a billion years, Leo finally stopped, and got off me. 

I stood up and brushed my pants, I looked up and saw that the sun is beginning to rise. 

I crouched down and patted Leo's head.

"Sorry Leo, I gotta go. I still have to go back to school today" I said, cracking a small smile. 

The wolf whimpered and moved closer to me, he snuggled his big furry head on my neck. 

I hugged him, for a little longer.

"Ok bye Leo! I'll come back tomorrow! Or the next day..." I stood up, and waved at him while walking back to my car.

He was just standing there, I felt his gaze following my every move as I was leaving.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey

I hadn't been updating for 2 days...or whatever, cause my grandfather was brought to the hospital *crying*

hope he will b ok...

i hope he's ok 

-dannah