Come a little closer this time

Start from the beginning

My eyes fully open when l hear steps from the right and l smile at Sophie and Ethan, nodding my head instead of saying hi.

They approach me and that's when l realize they are holding hands, how cute.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Sophie whispers in my left ear leaving Ethan to stand a meter away but she still holds his hand.

I just nod closing my black eyes to prevent any future tears. She kisses my cheek gently and Ethan's lips get a shape of a cute smile reminding me once again of his best friend, slash my 'tent buddy', and my palms sweat when his name inescapably crosses my mind. Okay, Tiffany. You're not gonna be sad or lame right now in front of your friends.

"You should eat something." A sweet caring voice surprises me and l lift my head just to see Ethan looking at me concerned.

"I'll eat later." I inform Ethan and he nods walking away with Sophie.

***

After a long nap the sound of wind hitting the tent wakes me up and l realize it's dark outside, about eight in the evening.

"You're awake?" Ethan whispers and l nod staying in the tent lying on some old shirt used as a pillow. I'm wearing my black pajamas, actually it's not really a pajama, more like an oversized T-shirt and black leggins paired with grey fluffy socks.

"He'll be fine, don't worry about him" he says moving his head to the side and grin, like he's not sure about his own words.

"What?" I pretend like l don't know what he's talking about but l still wonder where is Noah.

"Noah." He says and l grin nodding at him. Behind that bad boy mask, Ethan is very kind and sweet.

"Ethan" l start choosing the words. "Do you know where he is?" I say quietly in a sleepy voice.

"No. But he'll be back soon." He smiles and l grin in confusion.

"How do you know that?"

"He's my bro, l know him better than he knows himself. Trust me, he just needs some space to think." I nod pleased with the answer he gave me.

"And he told me to take care of you until he's back."

***

Dan grabs my attention talking to some 15 year old red haired girl. She is obviously younger than him but the difference in age doesn't look that bad, since Dan has quiet soft baby features. The girl starts laughing and he just stares at her. I feel sorry for being so rough with him, but let's be honest, he deserved it for trying to make me mad at Noah.

"Hey man." I hear familiar voice that belongs to Ethan, followed by a hand slap. Before l turn to see who is the other person, husky tired voice fills my ears "Hey."

It's him. Of course it is.

What do l do now? Ignore him? Or talk? Or just say hi? And then people say girls are complicated.

He passes by me and l glare at his face and neck, waiting for him to shout at me, but he just goes past, not even bothering to look at me.

He can't be seriously mad at me for having fun!
This guy is crazy.

I start walking in his direction as he stands by our tent grabbing some clothes and tooth brush.

"Hi." I say shyly and he groans.

"Hey Tiffany." Oh. So now we're talking? Way to go Noah. What a jerk.

"There." I say giving him his black hoodie "l washed it." I raise my eyebrows and a little smile uncontrollably appears on my tanned face.