"I promise."

-------

"Chris, I look stupid."

"Nah, you just need a little less...spray." Chris laughed nervously, tossing the can in the trash bin.

Connor grumbled at his reflection in the mirror. "I knew I should've had Katie help me."

"She's too busy helping M'gann," Chris blurted out before he could think.

Connor raised an eyebrow in Chris's direction. "M'gann has a date too?"

Chris coughed. "Um...yeah, anyway, I think you can handle it from here, big guy, I'll leave you to it!" Chris made finger guns at his big-brother-finger as he back out of the room, leaving Connor with twenty minutes to de-gel and get dressed before he had to meet Chris back in the mission room.

Once the door closed behind him, Chris sprinted to the mission room, where things didn't look half as bad as he'd feared.

"M'gann's all ready!" Katie squealed, flying in from the other hallway. 

"Oh, Gar, the place looks amazing!" She swooned.

Beast Boy shrugged, leaning against the table set for two with one red rose as the centerpiece. "I had Robin ask his butler to make the food."

"Good call," Chris nodded, examining the room, strung up with tiny Christmas lights and streamers. They didn't have team training for a couple more days, so they'd have time to clean up, no problem.

"Do I smell crab cakes?" Lagoon Boy asked, walking in from a swim in the garage.

"No!" Katie swatted his hand away, "They're for a certain two someones!" She told him, jutting out her chin defiantly.

La'gaan looked at the three freshman suspiciously. 

"This doesn't have to do with the fact that M'gann and Connor both have supposedly "blind dates" on the same night?"

"No!"

"Absolutely not!"

"...Maybe?" Gar tried to dig his big toe into the tile floor and Katie and Chris both gave him the stinkeye.

Katie grabbed La'gaan by an ear-fin, "If you try to ruin this, fish-boy, I will trap you in the maze at the Fortress of Solitude without a map!"

This threat left La'gaan scurrying from the room.

"Whew!" Gar wiped some nonexistant sweat from his forehead. "That's one problem out of the way."

"Yeah, but now we have to go get ready!" Katie lamented. "Hurry! Before Megs and KonKon get here!" The three split for their rooms.

Connor approached the mission room, running his hands through his hair to make sure that all the gel was out. The room was decorated just like one of those fancy restaurants in those romance movies M'gann always liked to watch. The memory made him smile for a moment before getting a sick feeling in his stomach.  

"Connor?" He spun around, and who should he see but M'gann.

She wore a beautiful pink dress. Katie had convinced her to grow out her hair again and put it in a bun, accompanied by a silvery headband.

"H-hi?" M'gann smiled bashfully and looked down at her skirt, though she snuck a look at Connor underneath her bangs.

Connor felt his face growing a little red.

"Hi," He mumbled, "You look beautiful."

M'gann smiled.

"Good! You're both here!"